Helsreach Video

But in this case this is not an assumption. It is a book about Black Legion and we are the antagonists. Sigismund dies. Its a defeat.

Not saying the book will not have quality. I have it in pre order,but the fact that we are not the main focus remains. Black Templar wise, i dont expect much.

The ONLY thing I already asked about Black Legion (the novel, not the Legion itself) was how Sigismund will be treated after his duel with Abaddon.

As for now, those who have read it were satisfied with the duel itself and the outcome.

I don't want to spoiler anyone. If you want to have a look on it by yourselves, go check out the Black Legion thread within the BL subforum.

Yes, the Black Templars are one of the antagonists. But I don't expect something ala Helsreach or Guy's stories. They were there to be defeated by the Black Legion. I'll wait and read it by myself before I decide to whether it's good or not. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Its dam right amazing, graphics on this one, outstanding. Indeed Olis, he captures these moments very very well. Times like this make me glad I'm a Black Templar. 

Edit:just watched it again , lol.   missus loves it to. Need to go buy more Templars now. 

Wasn't sure on the colors, either.

But now, I like the addition of those. But why do they have golden shoulder trim? Or is it rather a reflection of the coming dawn?

The scene, when they threw the Ork corpses over the walls was amazing. Reminded me so much of the Znyder's 300. The fight scene itself was well done as well. I was tempted to grap a chainsword and join the fight by myself.

The addition of the death scene was somehow beautiful.

Overall: well done and if he keeps up to trump himself with each new part...great things are about to come, brothers! :O

Every time I watch these, it takes all of my will power to not combust in a flash of ZEAL.

This time was much harder than the rest.

Just brilliant...the falling stormboyz, the Gepard AA turrets, the death scene. Much like the book itself, these videos will define our chapter for generations to come.

Every time I watch these, it takes all of my will power to not combust in a flash of ZEAL.

This time was much harder than the rest.

Just brilliant...the falling stormboyz, the Gepard AA turrets, the death scene. Much like the book itself, these videos will define our chapter for generations to come.

yes. Just yes.

I can't say I like the addition of color much.  The sketch pad style worked better in black and white, in my opinion.  Still, epic.

I like the liberties taken with the aftermath.  Priamus, whom sneered at the Guard,  impotently attempting to comfort and pay his respects to a fallen soldier.  A nice touch.  It's good to see him expanding on the book, rather than copy pasting it on to a video (which was already quite lovely in itself, mind).

And soon, Andrej.  Yippee. :)

Andrej is probably my favorite character from the book. Something to do with the fact he can't seem to die, despite his fearlessness and the fact he talks so much in contrast to Grimaldus' stoic silence. You truly get the feeling that Grimaldus both respects and is annoyed by the crazy grenadier.

I for one love the timing of the color addition. It screams that things are a dull monochromatic life for BT outside of combat, only coming into color during the fray. It was well done overall! Keep them coming! Ordinatus Armageddon coming to a battle near you!

Yeah, I also took it as a sign of growth of passion. I even left a comment to that effect.

"Adding some colour once the battle was joined adds another dimension to the Space Marine perspective IMO. This is where they thrive, this is where their recollections would be most vibrant. They have eidetic memory for facts, but the recollection would be most vivid in battle."

Wasn't sure on the colors, either.

But now, I like the addition of those. But why do they have golden shoulder trim? Or is it rather a reflection of the coming dawn?

The scene, when they threw the Ork corpses over the walls was amazing. Reminded me so much of the Znyder's 300. The fight scene itself was well done as well. I was tempted to grap a chainsword and join the fight by myself.

The addition of the death scene was somehow beautiful.

Overall: well done and if he keeps up to trump himself with each new part...great things are about to come, brothers! :ohmy.:

I think it's gold because they are a command squad and the high chaplain. A symbol of their rank as it were. 

Simply amazing, I thought the use of color was especially poignant in delivering the message of the war, it's real and people die. Also I agree with SB Ryan that they truly feel alive when in combat. 

The black and white seemed more powerful as far as conveying the feelings and story. The color looks great but I almost feel it is distracting. It's feels like the difference between hearing a story on the radio versus watching the movie on TV. There's just something about that radio experience.

I'm still on the fence overall about changing to color.

I kinda felt like the monochrome sketch look is how the Templars view how the live and die. Pure black and white, good versus evil. And the sketching is the shades of grey that gives the uncertainty to every moment of their actions.

But what do I know, it's 1am, at work on a toilet having a showerthought.

Is the creator of the Youtube videos planning to cover the whole Helsreach book? If so, I'll wait until he's finished and just binge-watch the videos.

I think he is. But through part 8 it almost 1.5 hours long. Depending on how much he adds and subtracts this could end up a 3+ hour creation.

Archived