-power fist

Land Raider Proteus 215

-hull mounted lascannon

-dozer blade

Heavy Support:

Sicaran 210

-lascannon sponsons

-dozer blade

Im assuming you have Leman, all HQs and the Terminators in the Spartan? Seems like a whole lot of eggs in one basket, that and four tanks at 2.5k is a little light for an all tank force.

Maybe you can drop the Spartan and Terminators for a slightly cheaper Phobos for Leman and al the HQs, Vets can still work in Multimelta Rhinos and this will free some points up for a few more toys like another Sicaran or some Preds/Vindis. Just some thoughts...

Im assuming you have Leman, all HQs and the Terminators in the Spartan? Seems like a whole lot of eggs in one basket, that and four tanks at 2.5k is a little light for an all tank force.

Maybe you can drop the Spartan and Terminators for a slightly cheaper Phobos for Leman and al the HQs, Vets can still work in Multimelta Rhinos and this will free some points up for a few more toys like another Sicaran or some Preds/Vindis. Just some thoughts...

I think I'd still stick with the unit in a spartan for a few reasons. The dedicated Spartan allows me to use scout on it (a non dedicated Phobos wouldnt). The terminators also score due to implacable advance and I'd definetly want to keep a third scoring unit. It's a lot of eggs but with scout I start up pretty close so it's really got to last 1 turn (I also find flare shields make a huge difference in survivability vs the phobos).

I have written up a new 2500 mechanized list though with more vehicles and less raiders.

Lord of War:

Leman Russ 455

-Warlord

-The Bloodied Claws

Headquarteds:

Hvarl Red-Blade 210

Priest of Fenris 145

-speaker of the dead

-aether rune armour

-great frost blade

The Wolf-kin of Russ 100

Elites:

5 Tartaros Terminators 205

-4 power fists

-chain fist

Spartan 385

-armoured ceramite

-flare shield

-auxillary drive

-dozer blade

Troops:

10 Veterans 185

-marksmen

-artificer armour

-power fist

Rhino 55

-multi melta

-dozer blade

10 Veterans 185

-marksmen

-artificer armour

-power fist

Rhino 55

-multi melta

-dozer blade

Heavy Support:

Sicaran 210

-lascannon sponsons

-dozer blade

Sicaran Venator 195

-dozer blade

Whirlwind Scorpius 115

In this list I have more individual vehicles I still get to scout all my infantry. I have a bit more shooting in the form of the Venator and Scorpius and multi meltas (in exchange for 6 tl lascannons). Though each individual thing is a bit squishier but perhaps more targets helps and everything isn't to squishy. I also swapped to bloody claw as extra howl and +1 combat resolution is better than improved tank shock and loss of victory points for tank death, though really neither is a huge benefit just figured got a master of the legion so might as well.

Archived