2500 Secutarii Mechanicum "Pain Train"

gmaleron

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I posted a list idea for my Secutarii Mechanicum force that I am planning on putting together as I am a huge fan of the Hoplite and Peltast models. After play testing a few games I think I have come up with a list that I feel will be both competitive and fun on the table top and allow me to double dip using portions of my 40k collection. This is another attempt for a novice 30k player so let me know what you think and thanks for posting!

HQ:

-Secutarii Axiarch
*w/ Arc Lance and Mag inverted Shield

TROOPS:

​​-x15 Peltasts **Axiarch Here** (My FLGS ruled he was intended to be an Independent Character**)
*w/ Omnispex, Radium Carbines
-Triarios Armored Conveyor
*w/ Blessed Autosimulacra

-x20 Hoplites
*w/ Omnispex

-x20 Hoplites
*w/ Omnispex

-x20 Peltasts

*w/ Omnispex, Galvanic Casters, Kinetic Hammershot Rounds

-x3 Thallax Cohort
*w/ Empyrite, x1 Phased Plasma Fusil

-x3 Thallax Cohort
*w/ Empyrite, x1 Phased Plasma Fusil

HEAVY SUPPORT:

-Karacnos Assault Tank
(or)
-Krios Venator
*w/ x2 Volkite Sentinels

-Karacnos Assault Tank
(or)
-Krios Venator
*w/ x2 Volkite Sentinels

-Thanatar Class Siege Automata
*w/ Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal

TOTAL ARMY: 2500 POINTS

-Note I would be dropping the Empyrite and Phased Plasma Fusils from the Thallax units in order to take the Krios Venators if I choose to go that route.

I think you should keep galvanic casters for all Peltasts. They are pretty powerful and I don't think radium carbines offer anything galvanic casters don't already have.

A pretty valid point and if I'm being honest I only have the radium carbines because I have plenty of Vanguard models which means I wouldn't have to spend more money to get them. Especially since FW seems incapable of sending orders out on time nowadays...

Carbines are incredible, definitely keep one or two squads of them around. They'll drown anything with a T value in a sea on inescapable saves.

Venators are the better tank IMO (plus they cover your need for long range anti AV)

The Karacnos doesn't really offer much if you ask me, as cool a model as it is... It needed AP3 on the Mortar, or rending at the very least.

Archived