Ophidium Gulf Crusade

ItchyTasty

I needed something under the torso for it to anchor on to turn. I had exhausts from a prior model, turned it into a "Chassis Mounted" Combi Bolter. Honestly for Mecha in general, it isn't a weird spot for a weapon. 

But trust me I do see your point.

Emperor's Champion Marius Tiber

Marius sifted through the rubble, he could barely make out anything through the blood coating his eyes. He heard groaning from behind the fuselage what had been the Ophidium Gulf. He took the Black Sword from its Mag Lock and cleaved the panel, and again, and again. When the Ceramite plate finally gave way the brutalized torso of the Chaplain fell into the open twisting with a pop from the remains of his right shoulder the servos in the power-armor still whirring trying to hold together and sputtering their failure.

"Die well brother"

The traitors would be there soon he knew. Marius disconnected the Chaplain's Skull Helm, he did not know whether it was the lifelessness of the man's eyes, staring up at him for vengeance, or a deeper seated hatred of powerlessness, but the rage which frothed and tossed deep in him roared forth as he slammed the Grim visage down on his black plate to replace his own crushed helm.

gallery_64297_13016_147041.jpggallery_64297_13016_106294.jpg

Excellent work on the Emperor's Champion, but is he allowed to wear a Chaplain's skull helm?

No stat bonus aside from looking cool. My army is a bit heavy on the Skull Motif. I have a lot... more to post, but trying to pace myself to one or two a week.

• 3 weeks later...

The corpses under his treads soothed the inner circuits of his being. The lesser spirit of of his brother plodding along beside him. Movement in the distance. The green-skins dared raise the call of war. Beside him his brothers began their bombardment, the steady whump whump whump and whir of the spinning quad launcher pummeling the distant lines punctuated occasionally by the roar of his smaller brother's demolisher cannon. For his own he filled the air with fury. Hurricane bolters and assault cannons swept the lines shredding anything fleeing the destruction but holier wrath was needed.

He hit the trench lines like a leviathan beaching itself begging all comers to take aim. From his depths he spewed out his deadliest payload. With a roar of horror and death the Sword Bretheren tore into the Orks under the belching thunder of his guns. Over head the fleet pounded down upon their targets with missiles and guns, Assault Marines raining down from the skies.

Until naught but silence reigned.

gallery_64297_13016_156326.jpg

gallery_64297_13016_79448.jpg

gallery_64297_13016_144591.jpg

gallery_64297_13016_40866.jpg

gallery_64297_13016_20231.jpg

Archived