NTaW's Blood Angels

NTaW

As I said, I'm using it because they money's been spent and I won't be able to return it for exchange within any respectable amount of time (picked it up at a store in another town). PVA + sand on a base has always looked terrible to me so that option isn't really worth exploring or considering here.

I had someone tell me black rims make models look unfinished and I just about fell over. To me it's almost always the last touch on a completed model :lol: The only reason that I've considered XV-88, aside from that it's a paint I bought for a couple X-Wing ships that I have lots left over of, is that the brown it offers makes the base not match any of the models where black will match only the Death Company.

As I said, I'm using it because they money's been spent and I won't be able to return it for exchange within any respectable amount of time (picked it up at a store in another town). PVA + sand on a base has always looked terrible to me so that option isn't really worth exploring or considering here.

I had someone tell me black rims make models look unfinished and I just about fell over. To me it's almost always the last touch on a completed model :laugh.: The only reason that I've considered XV-88, aside from that it's a paint I bought for a couple X-Wing ships that I have lots left over of, is that the brown it offers makes the base not match any of the models where black will match only the Death Company.

Black rims also are the last item I do to mark the model done. I think it adds more of a show case item to it. To each their own but at least it's not bare plastic, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like the hammer! I might have to steal that for my next hammer model...

Thanks! I've just about finished him, GS is curing now. I had a spare haft from another conversion, that is two DC hammers in his hand there. I felt like it needed to look more like a two handed thing with the Artisan trait always in play for him.

I was going to say it looks perfect for the artisan of war or even hammer of Baal relic. I've been thinking my normal VV hammer was looking too average to be a relic

I agree about the Vanguard hammers, using this one also lets me still have the option of doing a 5 man TH/SS squad later on.

Pretty well and finished with him. Head's just resting in place and I may leave the backpack on until I paint the shoulder wings. Tossed a couple bits on the jump pack to make it a little more fancy looking since he'll pretty much always be rocking Angel's Wing as well.

27827769059_c6fc1505ea_c.jpg

39604823791_45ae2a676d_c.jpg