2.5k Imperial fist (vanilla units)

olsol

Howdy, after much contemplation and pondering over the rules and fluff of a lot of loyalist legions I've decided to try my hand at Imperial Fists! the list is mainly divided into to parts: defence and attack with the later being made up of DSing Terminators... So here goes.

RoW: Pride of the legion

+HQ+

- Praetor: Cataphractii Terminator armour, Storm Shield, Paragon blade, Teleportation transponders, Digital lasers - 195

- Centurion: Consul: Master of Signals, Artificer armour, refractor shield, Power sword, Melta Bombs - 135

+TROOPS+

- Legion Terminators X5: Teleportation Transponders, Power fist X4, Chainfist X1, Storm Shield X5 - 270

- Legion Terminators X5: Teleportation Transponders, Power fist X4, Chainfist X1, Combi-bolters X5 - 220

- Legion Terminators X5: Teleportation Transponders, Power fist X4, Chainfist X1, Combi-bolters X5 - 220

- Legion Veterans X10: Heavy Bolter

- Artificer armour, Power Sword (Sgt) - 200

+HEAVY SUPPORT+

- Legion Heavy Weapon Squad X10: Missile launchers X10

- Artificer armour (Sgt) - 295

- Leviathan Siege Dreadnaught: Siege Drill, Cyclonic Melta-Lance

- Legion Dreadnaught Drop pod - 395

+FORTIFICATION+

- Imperial Bastion: Ammo store, Coms relay, Barricades X6 - 170

Total: 2500 points

Ok, so the Defensive force is made up of the veterans, Centurion and Heavy support squad while the attacking force is the terminators with the accompanied Praetor and the leviathan acts as the initial alpha strike. The bastion will be filled with the Missiles as well as the Centurion to give the squad BS10 on their shots. the veterans will either hold the defence lines or outflank, depending on the situation.

now to end with a question about the bastion: its safe to assume that the occupants of the bastion gain the benefit of the ammo-dump which grants re-rolls to hit of 1. but do models behind a barricade gain this benefit too? considering that the barricades are part of the bastions profile... if yes then the veterans manning them will be hitting on re-rollable 2s. if not, no biggie, I only thought of the question as I was writing this post.

All the best.

I'd suggest combi- weapons on the terminators to present an alpha strike option.

I personally prefer more chain fists too but many disagree on that point.

I'd consider armoured ceramite on the leviathan and flak missiles on the HHS.

I'd switch the vet sgts power weapon to axes so that they can take on rival AA sgts in challenges.

Finally I'd look into squeezing in a Damocles command rhino - the 24" control zone is really useful.

To pay for these suggestions I'd drop the master of signals and perhaps 2 of the HSS.

Completely agree on the combi weapons for terminators, they are far more useful on the turn they show up when they have combi plasma to unleash. Pretty much agree with all of K3nn3rs's other points as well. Might also look into getting rhinos for the vets, foot slogging doesn't really work all that well for them.

Alright, having taken into account both of your points, I have made the following changes:

+HQ+

- Praetor: Cataphractii Terminator armour, Storm Shield, Paragon blade, Teleportation transponders, Digital lasers - 195

- Damocles Commande rhino - 100

+TROOPS+

- Legion Terminators X5: Teleportation Transponders, Power fist X4, Chainfist X1, Storm Shield X5 - 270

- Legion Terminators X5: Teleportation Transponders, Power fist X4, Chainfist X1, Combi-plasma/melta X5 - 255

- Legion Terminators X5: Teleportation Transponders, Power fist X4, Chainfist X1, Combi-plasma/melta X5 - 255

- Artificer armour, Power axe (Sgt) - 200

+HEAVY SUPPORT+

- Legion Heavy Weapon Squad X8: Missile launchers X8 - 235

- Leviathan Siege Dreadnaught: Siege Drill, Cyclonic Melta-Lance, Armoured Ceramite

- Legion Dreadnaught Drop pod - 415

+FORTIFICATION+

- Imperial Bastion: Ammo store, Coms relay, Barricades X6 - 170

Total: 2500 points

Looks good, only change I'd make is take combi plasma over melta. Plasma is just so much more versatile giving you twice the number of shots so it's far more useful for attacking infantry units. Against vehicles, because of AC melta is only useful against low side/rear armor, and plasma just nearly as good in that case. 

Archived