2500 Sons of Horus - need help with last 375

Angmarred

I'm trying to put together an "all comers" Sons of Horus list at 2500 points. I have the base of what I want/need, but I can't figure the best way to spend my last 375. Here's what I have so far

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2125pts] ++

+ HQ +

Maloghurst the Twisted [140pts]

+ Elites +

Justaerin Terminator Squad [435pts]: 2x Chainfist, 5x Combi-Weapon, 5x Justaerin Terminators, 2x Power Fist
·· Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod: Frag Assault Launchers

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery [70pts]: Legion Rapier, Shatter Shell

+ Troops +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [255pts]: 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen
·· Additional Wargear: 2x Plasma gun
·· Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier: Dozer Blade
·· Legion Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [255pts]: 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen
·· Additional Wargear: 2x Plasma gun
·· Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier: Dozer Blade
·· Legion Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [220pts]: Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Anvilius Pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [195pts]: Dozer Blade

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes: XVI: Sons of Horus, Traitor

Rite of War: The Long March

+ Lords of War +

Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [415pts]: Armoured Ceramite

++ Total: [2125pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

I'd like to fill that last HS slot and I think I need one more scoring unit. Right now I have 4, but one is a relatively fragile Maloghurst, who is also my Warlord. I think I also need a little more AT shooting. Any ideas on the best way to spend the last 375? Or changes to what I have so far?

Some tips here:

- Mal going around *alone* is IMHO the *best* way to badly lose him ^^ I'd suggest that you find some tough unit for him + a transport (a good idea could be a LR Achilles or Proteus) which he can detach from at the last moment in order to score ;)

- give some combi-weapons to those sniper Vets ;)

- give no-cover ammunition to the Rapiers, ceramite to Deredeo (and don't remember if Sicaran can have it too) + side bolters to Sicaran in order to don't say *shoot here* to possible suicide melta squads and reduce the weapon-destroyed effect ;)

Personally, at 2500 pts I'd drop the super-heavy tank since it sinks a lot of useful space for other stuff, and from those pts the AT firepower + other scoring + transport for Mal comes out immediately ;)

Setting suggestions:

1) LR Achilles + 5 stubborn Vets with CC equip (Mal goes here)

2) LR Proteus with Explorator web + Support squad with firepower OR stubborn Vets with CC equip (Mal goes here)

3) 8 Devastators with lascannons + Master of Signals + Bunker with ammo store and escape hatch (Mal goes here and jumps out from hatch to score)

Some tips here:

- Mal going around *alone* is IMHO the *best* way to badly lose him ^^ I'd suggest that you find some tough unit for him + a transport (a good idea could be a LR Achilles or Proteus) which he can detach from at the last moment in order to score ;)

- give some combi-weapons to those sniper Vets ;)

- give no-cover ammunition to the Rapiers, ceramite to Deredeo (and don't remember if Sicaran can have it too) + side bolters to Sicaran in order to don't say *shoot here* to possible suicide melta squads and reduce the weapon-destroyed effect ;)

Personally, at 2500 pts I'd drop the super-heavy tank since it sinks a lot of useful space for other stuff, and from those pts the AT firepower + other scoring + transport for Mal comes out immediately ;)

Setting suggestions:

1) LR Achilles + 5 stubborn Vets with CC equip (Mal goes here)

2) LR Proteus with Explorator web + Support squad with firepower OR stubborn Vets with CC equip (Mal goes here)

3) 8 Devastators with lascannons + Master of Signals + Bunker with ammo store and escape hatch (Mal goes here and jumps out from hatch to score)

I'd have to disagree here. You don't want to spend time of points on armoured ceramite especially on a deredero it just inflates the units cost to much when they are just as likely to die to some sponson fire.

The typhon is also amazing at 2500 it's amazing at everything really there is never a game where it doesn't have an ideal target.

I would agree malorghast alone will get killed but you can always run him with a support squad drop pod or some relentless heavy support squad.

Another good option for anti tank is a pair of laser destroyer vindicator which are really great at killing vehicles. Otherwise javellins also fill this role really well or a lightning.

My suggestions would either be laser destroyer vindicator / sicaran stock / lascannons battery on deredero / javellins and lightning

If points are left over I'd give the last justaerin a power fist and multi melta on the rhinos.

Archived