Shadow wars: Scouts. Scout number 2...

Theduke08

Greetings,

Im probably going to have about 5 shadow wars teams but while im waiting for the box I was lucky enough to get to show up I got impatient and started working on a scout team.

Im having a hard time deciding what chapter to go with.  I really want to do a Minotaurs scout team but its impossible to get the out of print transfer sheet or even just a few transfers from that sheet...

Here is the wip for my first scout.

IMG 1008

IMG 1009

Hes going to be armed with his combat blade, boltgun and camo gear.  

Up next im planning on putting together the Sergeant but im not sure how to arm him.  Bolt pistol and chainsword maybe?

Anyone have any chapter suggestions?

I like the kneeling legs and the head swap, god knows how awful standard Scout heads look. If I were to ever do a Scout kill team I always planned on doing some Blood Ravens, maybe pick a colour you would like to work with first amd go from there?

Looking good! I've actually done a member of my team in a similar pose :D

How are you planning to do the camo gear?

How do you want your team to Okay? That is probably a deciding factor in chapter. Also what colour are you going with?

The scout team from the storm is a wonderful resource for Scout bits.  I have a few others that im going to use in addition to what I get in the shadow wars box.  

As far as modeling the camo gear im planning on using the rolled up cloaks on the shoulders for this model.  

Im considering doing them up as a Raptor scout team because I freaking love painting green.  Im also considering doing them up as Ultramarines because I came across a cheap forgeworld transfer sheet.  

I think the main trick with swapping out the heads for standard space marine heads is cutting down the neck section just enough to actually look close to the correct scale.  The heads are still just a little too big but much better than the standard scout heads... 

The scout team from the storm is a wonderful resource for Scout bits. I have a few others that im going to use in addition to what I get in the shadow wars box.

As far as modeling the camo gear im planning on using the rolled up cloaks on the shoulders for this model.

Im considering doing them up as a Raptor scout team because I freaking love painting green. Im also considering doing them up as Ultramarines because I came across a cheap forgeworld transfer sheet.

I think the main trick with swapping out the heads for standard space marine heads is cutting down the neck section just enough to actually look close to the correct scale. The heads are still just a little too big but much better than the standard scout heads...

Heads from the new deathwatch kit are much better scale interestingly

I made some progress on painting my first scout  I decided to go with Ultramarines but might do multiple teams anyways.  I realized after painting this face that I hate painting faces!

IMG 1010

He should be all done by the weekend and im picking up my shadow wars box tonight too!

IMG 1016

I finished painting one of my test tiles.  Im not 100% sold on this one.  I am ordering some Mig pigments and some weathering stuff from ak interactive.  This first one was done using the hairspray technique.  

I feel the neck seems a bit long on him, perhaps shave the back of the neck armour down a bit so it sits more flush? I've used the same head on my heavy bolter marine (will get a photo later).

whats he going to be armed with?

p.s. the first guy, fully painted looks great!

Ill see if there is any way I can shave the head down more.  Ive noticed that they tend to lean forward just a little bit so ive been having to compensate for that.  This guy is armed with a bolter as well.  Im not sure im going to include any heavy weapons on my team.  They are just so expensive.  If I do they guy will have a heavy bolter most likey.  

Archived