Magnus

Fire Golem

On the one hand, the horns are gone. Blanche's depiction of Magnus, as with much of his work in my opinion, lends so much flavour to the 40k universe that to jettison something of his is notable indeed. On the other... god damn Magnus looks good. I don't care either way for the sorcerous effects - in fact I suspect they'd be far to easy to break to bother with. 

I wonder how he compares in size with his brothers... :D

On the one hand, the horns are gone. Blanche's depiction of Magnus, as with much of his work in my opinion, lends so much flavour to the 40k universe that to jettison something of his is notable indeed. On the other... god damn Magnus looks good. I don't care either way for the sorcerous effects - in fact I suspect they'd be far to easy to break to bother with.

I wonder how he compares in size with his brothers... biggrin.png

The Warhammer Community page says, "This version, while still towering over his brother Primarchs, is not on quite the same scale [as 40k Magnus]."

I wonder how he compares in size with his brothers... biggrin.png

The Warhammer Community page says, "This version, while still towering over his brother Primarchs, is not on quite the same scale [as 40k Magnus]."

thumbsup.gif

That's all I wanted to hear. ;)

I love it! Probably my favourite Primarch mini so far. I might make a few small adjustments, but I'll definitely be getting one to paint up :tu:

I was gonna post it in your WIP thread earlier where you'd been talking about maybe doing Thousand Sons again to see if it would sway you ;)

As I put in the N&R thread regarding the proportions, I think the height of the back horns and his hair might be throwing you off. The supposed average proportion for a male measured in head height is six to seven heads tall. Generally in illustrations and models it is exaggerated up to eight heads tall.

http://i.imgur.com/KDPbU4e.png

Magnus comes in right at 7.5 heads and he's not standing up straight.

http://i.imgur.com/wiqrmcM.png

The only thing about his proportions to me that seems off is that his neck looks too long.

Wow, Lorgar looks puny compared to Magnus. Oh well, he was always described as one of the bigger primarchs. After all, a Cyclops is also somewhat a giant, not just a one eyed humanoid. 

Awesome model and pose although it doesn't exactly look like it can match base with Russ. Personally, rather than conjuring witchfire, I would rather he wielded his staff two handed in preparation to swipe at Russ.

Archived