Blazoned Legion

I have a bad habit of starting projects and then giving up on them not long after. Hopefully this will change that.

Brought out my Mk 4 marine sprues I had lying around and thought about what to do about them. Wanted to paint red and white marines because of some joking around I did with a friend but didn't know which chapters used those two colours(besides White Scars). So one night I was scrolling down the list of marine chapters on 40k wiki looking at chapter colours until I came across Blazoned Legion. No info of any kind about them except for their colours and chapter badge so I thought "Cool name and a blank slate? Sweet!". 

Put together a Sargeant and proceeded to paint. The basecoat is kind of eh i primed him black and then sprayed white from above. No on i'm just going to spray them completely white. Also tried freehanding the Chapter symbol and still need practice. Overall enjoyed painting him.

Anyways enjoy.

Hey there!

really like the scheme and you have freehanded the symbol pretty well!

the only criticism is that there are a lot of colours with the sword and the head crest but saying that they won't be on normal marines so it should be fine! I'm guessing this guy is second company? :)

Thanks Brother.

Sword didn't come out the way i thought it would. Wanted to make the sword green instead of the usual blue and make it brighter the closer to the tip. Same with the crest i didnt want to paint it red and white like ive seen before so thought yellow and black would be cool to do.

Next up is a melta guy so should be more straight forward with the painting. :)

• 1 month later...