Minotaurs: The bronze beasts Updated 5/30

Theduke08

Granted we don't know enough get too much of a head start but I figured an assault marine might not go to waste.

Here is a work in progress for my test mini...  Can anyone guess what chapter I'm going with?

IMG 1022

Minotaurs it is!  I love dreadnoughts and the contemptor pattern are some of my favorites.  Depending on how force org. looks in this new edition from a fluffy standpoint they have a ton of them.  I was lucky enough to have a very kind Frater member reveal that he had some extra transfers laying around.

Ah, the Minotaurs. The only space marines who can make gadding about covered from head to toe in bronze look not gaudy. Even if I can never take the verdigris seriously. I don't think ceramite contains copper.

Nice assault marine. I think that's the first time I see a Minotaur in corvus armor (since usually they hog ALL THE ERRANTS).

Yeah, I agree with Raven about the verdigris being silly. I mean, the armor isn't actually made of bronze, copper, or brass and a paint of one of those colors sprayed over the ceramite armor wouldn't tarnish and grow verdigris. It's possible that decorative elements might be made of one those metals, but given how long it would take for verdigris to form, the marine would probably get an ass chewing by his sgt or other superior for not taking care of his equipment before it happened.

Yea I'm going to tone down the verdigris quite a bit.  I'm not going to get rid of it all together though.  I had some transfers finally show up in the mail that were genoursly given to me by another Frater.  

Ive finished 4 marines so far.  Im thinking about power fist on the next guy.  I really should be patient and wait for 8th to drop but thats not happening.  Here is a rough group shot.

IMG 1034

• 2 weeks later...

@Radiation the chipping effects are done in the laziest way possible.  Just get a little piece of sponge, put just a little paint on it and just apply it where you think the armor might be chipped or scratched.  I use a pair of tweezers with the sponge so I can get into some spots my fingers cant. 

Im conflicted on adding some of the new marines to my Minotaur's.  They were basically huge pricks and banned from Ultramar.  And RG is the one handing out the new marines.  So im not sure how they would get any without making nice with Calgar and RG.  I can say for sure they will be getting some of those new dreads though. 

Finished a 10 man tac squad with multimelta, meltagun and combimelta.  Also started some work on my Devastators.  Im thinking about going all missile launchers for the first squad.  Not 100% on that idea yet.

IMG 1059

IMG 1061

IMG 1060

IMG 1057

IMG 1056

Archived