Black Templar Centurions

I am planning to never finish painting my Crusade start another side project, one that has bothered me for over a year. I want to make an extensive conversion (bordering on being a scratch build) of a squad of three Centurion suits. As I've said, this is something that's been a nag and I need to see whether I'm able to do such an idiotic thing, even if it means I fail miserably in the process and waste time that I could use to paint up more miniatures. The base for the conversion are going to be snap fit marines.

Having said that, I'm pondering over a couple of things, but most importantly - tabards. As I will have 6 regular/original Centurions in my force, I'm thinking about adding more BT flavour to the design. I also remember that some of you posted Centurions with tabards in your WIP threads and wanted to revisit those pics for inspiration, but I can't seem to find those images.

That is why I'm starting this thread: would you be so kind to post your Centurions here or provide a link to your threads? This is also an opportunity to collect images of these relatively new additions to SM armouries (and arguably clumsy models) in one place.

Here are mine:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/Neurode%20Crusade/1%202_zpsqw1lp12f.jpg

Cheers!

@ TheOneTrueZon: I like the additional melee weapons you gave your Cents - because huge drills of doom are not enough.

@ Marshal_Roujakis: The added gorget is pretty cool. The models look somewhat more intimidating with only their eyes sticking out.

These models really gain a lot when painted black.

But the mittens had to go... that was a requirement of mine... NO MITTENS, COZ IT RHYMES WITH KITTENS!

Did you sculpt the other fingers or kit bashed some power gloves in there? I might do the same with mine before I paint them. The mittens are rather ridiculous. 

But the mittens had to go... that was a requirement of mine... NO MITTENS, COZ IT RHYMES WITH KITTENS!

Did you sculpt the other fingers or kit bashed some power gloves in there? I might do the same with mine before I paint them. The mittens are rather ridiculous. 

Those are just the regular Centurion hands, I just cut certain parts so that I can have proper fingers or in the case of the fist, I just added grooves.

Archived