DA and Marines 2.0

Master Sheol

I think old marines will be phased out by attrition. New marines becoming the norm. But that is far in the future, and won't be in the current time frame. I hope they're made in the rock rather than shipped via fed ex, that will be the only way for flawless integration. I doubt those locally made marines will have any loyalty to anyone other than the lion, the emperor, the unfirgiven, and azrael.

The problem is if these numareens are bigger than the norm they will not ve able to wear the DW armours and to ride into the RW veichles...

Being these things patterns unique to the DA there will be the problem to make new ones for the numareens...

This is Why i think that DA will continue to recruit normal marines and will use the numareens the smurf will send as main battle line (or cannon fodder if you like better)...

How much bigger do people think they'll be in cannon? A whole head taller? I mean it's not like all space marines are the same height. I know in the early hh books they mentioned abbadon was tall even for a space marine. There was also mention of smaller space marines. Thinner and thicker marines. This shows the suits are either adaptable or come in sizes. With a new crusade, guilluman will want production ramped up. If they just don't fit, he'll want new power armour, new bikes, and tda. why can't we just phase out our old marks for bigger ones as necessary? It'll be at least 75-100 years before the first numarines become "eligible" for deathwing, and that's alot if time for people to die. Same with ravenwing. That's plenty of time to get a new shipment of stuff, or even make them in the forges of the rock.

How much bigger do people think they'll be in cannon? A whole head taller? I mean it's not like all space marines are the same height. I know in the early hh books they mentioned abbadon was tall even for a space marine. There was also mention of smaller space marines. Thinner and thicker marines. This shows the suits are either adaptable or come in sizes. With a new crusade, guilluman will want production ramped up. If they just don't fit, he'll want new power armour, new bikes, and tda. why can't we just phase out our old marks for bigger ones as necessary? It'll be at least 75-100 years before the first numarines become "eligible" for deathwing, and that's alot if time for people to die. Same with ravenwing. That's plenty of time to get a new shipment of stuff, or even make them in the forges of the rock.

Agreed. Not to mention that DA generally adopt anything to make them fight better. There is a reason they have 'recent' equipment and ship most of their relics to their Successors. Just look at the Ravenwing with their 'Ancient' gear. They can't stop tinkering with their jetfighters, risking the anger of the machine spirits. Not to mention all the weaponry they throw on their bikes. The huge stores of Plasma and stasis weaponry is a result of the DA using experimental weaponry during the Great Crusade. The DA are tech-junkies, but with unconditional love for their relics. They created a complete chapter to take care of their heirlooms.

I have been thinking about the saving of monies in relation to any potential of the introduction of Marines 2.0, whether they are a new unit, faction or just a new version of PA with a better stat I have it cracked.

Although the minis are dated, I will be happy to continue to use our robed minis that cover most of the armour and are very distinct from our non-robed PA as counts as.

I will likely have to re-arm them (cheap), and to possible change the organization structure to accommodate them (easy), as long as they carry the Lions' gene-seed I'm happy if they don't look 'big' enough (no worries).

All problems solved.

So, there will totally be robed variants, right? To represent the sergeants of the units and give them the First Legion flair?

<Sigh>

Left out in the cold again.

Thought the same... something is missing in the FAQ..

Will we get models with robes and tabards?

Yeah. Just when we release your primarch.

tongue.png

Might get a squad or two.

Fluff wise, they will have to move induction to the Rock or they will never be trusted.

The first batch will not have the 'special' IC psycho conditioning.

Therefore the 'Inner' Inner Circle will have no special power over them ala Belial.

DM

Not sure how they'd go into a consecrator force as they only seem to being using marks up to 6, unless I move my force forward and say they have started using mark 7&8 along with being given a squad of Primaris from the Dark Angels. That or I'd just paint them up as Dark Angels and have them as a kind of attachment to my force.

I'm sorry I like the models but I cannot see Dark Angels trusting these. I understand that they are made with our gene seed but it's a tough pill to swallow imo. However I may get some. But I'm afraid that these will be the marines of the future.

I agree, it's a tough pill. GW want us old Grognards to buy a new army or at least get some more plastic crack for our existing one. That and the obvious sell to newer players.

As above, I will upgrade a squad of my vets to this role super cheaply.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Dreadnoughts but I really don't want to see Primaris Terminators.

I'm not saying we should include them, but they might be decent enough to upgrade sergeants, commanders, psyckers or other bigshots. I can see some serious kitbash potential.

To be fair, they'll have to come with some serious awesomeness to make our glorious Deathwing-kits absolete. Sexiest kits EVER!

They might look awesome, but shoehorning them into the Deathwing will be difficult.

Well they better bloody earn there place in Deathwing :) Which is not going to happen in 1 year.

I can see them being in a standard Battle Company.

Having them in Deathwing or Ravenwing would be a bitter pill I hope we are not forced to swallow.

I'm going to get one at least. Think the rules released don't tell the full story as to their upgrade options (sergeant has a sword but nothing in the rules about it)

As to integration with the unforgiven, we are very distrusting lot but would we pass up on a boost to tactical performance, don't think so.

We they progress to inner circle? Very doubtful. I believe they will be handle with the same level as trust as a techmarine, an important tool, but nothing more.

Modelling wise, not going to give them anything DA wise in icons other than a shoulder pad and a plain banner. Might even use the techmarine shoulder pad painted green to remind them for their manufactured start

I agree, it's a tough pill. GW want us old Grognards to buy a new army or at least get some more plastic crack for our existing one. That and the obvious sell to newer players.

As above, I will upgrade a squad of my vets to this role super cheaply.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Dreadnoughts but I really don't want to see Primaris Terminators.

Well, they're coming whether we like it or not.

I personally am not a fan, and won't be including any in my DA force. The models are cool, but the fluff is an abomination that I have no difficulty seeing Mat Ward writing. I honestly would have just preferred if they did it like any other time they've updated a model line: these are the new models, none of your old models are illegal, but they are obsolete. That way I could just continue playing my old models without having to have this whole element of "well gorsh, these guys are just the bestest marines with the bestest equipment and bestest rules" in the fluff. The half-measure with poor fluff justification isn't doing it for me.

When new plastic Marines were released, they didn't write in a new type of marine. When Terminators were bulked up and given new kits, they didn't make a new type of super Terminator to go next to the old ones. They just did it and moved on. If they wanted to truescale their marine line, they should have just done it. Deathwatch Marines were already larger than the regular marine kits, but they didn't make them the result of a new type of marine creation.

Archived