DA and Marines 2.0

Master Sheol

After some contemplation, I've come to two conclusions:

1) Dark Angels would accept the new marines to avoid arousing suspicion. However, they would be immediately placed into their own formation where Interrogator-Chaplains and Librarians can keep a close eye on them. They would be utilized inasmuch as scouts would be - objectives that are necessary but far outside the bounds of mission intelligence. It would take thousands of years for DA, as is, to allow them into even the first circle of trust.

2) Assuming the project was created by the Emperor and only activated by Guilliman, Jonson would be willing to accept the progeny as his own. However, if there is any evidence that they are not the Emperor's creation or that Guilliman has meddled with them in any way, Jonson would immediately reject them launch a crusade to exterminate them.

Given the events of the Horus Heresy, Jonson (and many other primarchs) are not likely to allow an entire culture of space marines into their ranks that may be ultimately loyal to another traitor. Especially those that are physically superior to their own, loyal marines.

And even with this, knowing the results of Calibanite vs Terran Dark Angels, he's likely to intersperse them to prevent the primaris from ever acting alone or operating as a singular military force.

BUT!

I still totally love the new models and want to make a force of "regular marines" that have the correct scale.

OK OK, so im late to the party lol

Where i'm concerned, they are new miniatures ... I like new miniatures msn-wink.gif and these do look to be a more true-scale than any previous incarnation.

I will be getting some and converting, painting (at some stage lol) and given a chance and time, playing them - with either their own rules or just as standard DA marines.

In this game world i see no problem with evolution of miniatures, it doesn't invalidate what I have in my collection already just enhances it with newer cooler mini's. I welcome new designs and releases, and cant wait to see what other new toys will be coming this year too! In fact i expect GW as a games producer to keep producing newer, cooler mini's as time progresses.

This stance wont sit well with many of you, I appreciate that, but make no apologies, the stories are fun, but to me the hobby is the models, and cool models are cool.

Peace out my brothers happy.png

So GW have said that existing Marines can become Primaris ( Don't wanna de-rail too much so see: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333751-warhammer-tv-qa-session-from-may-18th/ ) , which obviously opens up the possibility of characters being re-released in Primaris scale.

I wasn't going to buy any Primaris but if GW finally update Azrael as a Primaris, then I'm not sure I'll be able to say no.

Keep in mind that characters in Primaris scale is only supposition at the moment, not confirmed by GW. It seems likely to me though.

Does "normal" Marines upgrading to Primaris change anyones thoughts on the subject?

So GW have said that existing Marines can become Primaris ( Don't wanna de-rail too much so see: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333751-warhammer-tv-qa-session-from-may-18th/ ) , which obviously opens up the possibility of characters being re-released in Primaris scale.

I wasn't going to buy any Primaris but if GW finally update Azrael as a Primaris, then I'm not sure I'll be able to say no.

Keep in mind that characters in Primaris scale is only supposition at the moment, not confirmed by GW. It seems likely to me though.

Does "normal" Marines upgrading to Primaris change anyones thoughts on the subject?

Azrael Prime? Sign me up :)

I was actually considering doing a small army of the fallen or pure DA a little while ago. Now that the primus marines are here all of my plans have been shattered. I'm not too sure what to do. I don't feel the primus guys would fit into a fallen army. But I do love the new look of the primus marines, but they also don't have the knightly or robed look and are very minimalistic in a way. And simply painting them dark green isn't gonna cut it for me. The new marines are definitely going to take over in popularity. To the point where IMO it could impact forgeworlds heresy line. I couldn't picture myself wanting any of the regular marines after seeing these new ones on the tabletop.

According to the Q&A about new 40K Roboute gave the recipe for numareenz to everyone and the numareenz recipe can be applied to existing marines too
DA are going to the numareenz route Too i guess including DW and RW cause DA can upgrade to numareenz any guy of the chapter (or legion?)

I want to see if GW will give us DA specific numareenz

Archived