8th Edition - New Army...

KJB

So, with 8th edition rapidly approaching I decided to start a whole new 40k force, and, as hard as it's going to be, there won't be a 30k mark of armour in sight (we'll see how long that lasts...)

The plan is to go with a Codex chapter and with rumours of a new Armageddon campaign, I find myself drawn back to the Salamanders (though deep down I really want to do Imperial Fists)

With Marines 2.0 on the horizon, I wanted to try and make my guys look a little bigger - So I've built my first tactical marine using legs and the rear torso from the Deathwatch kit, the rest is from the Tactical Squad box - As you can see below, it made quite a difference when compared to a standard Betrayal at Calth marine

gallery_576_13108_16405.jpg

Here's a shot from the rear, only took minimal knife work to get the Deathwatch torso to fit a standard Tactical torso

gallery_576_13108_64441.jpg

Hopefully get the rest of the 5 man squad done this week

It feels weird not planning a 30k force...

It feels weird not planning a 30k force...

If it's any consolation, you can still pretend that they're at the battle for the Emperor's palace, as there was Mk VII kicking about there. tongue.png

I'm liking your test marine, I initially assumed you'd used terminator legs to truescale him. Looks good.

I look forward to seeing what else you've got planned for 8th edition.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

So, update time - I've completed a 5 man Tactical Squad and a Captain

Still up in the air which chapter I'm going to do them as - at the moment I'm 60/40 Salamanders/Imperial Fists

Squad.

gallery_576_13108_17743.jpg

Side view of the midget on the right hand side...

gallery_576_13108_74402.jpg

Dude with Meltagun

gallery_576_13108_11838.jpg

Sergeant - Built using legs, right arm, helmet, rear torso, combi-melta and backpack from the Deathwatch kit - Front torso and left arm from the Tactical kit

gallery_576_13108_55298.jpg

Captain (and Deathwatch Veteran) - Basically Artemis with a Deathwatch Mk 8 helmet and a power sword from the Calth box - Some Inquisition symbols have been removed (right leg and backpack icon)

gallery_576_13108_11759.jpg

Barrels WONT be drilled - I've wrecked far to many bolters over the years, black dot of paint will be enough for me!

Next will be another 5 man Tactical squad - I've another 15 pairs of Deathwatch legs to play with, lets see if I can get some different poses out of them!

Promising. :tu:

And by the looks of your avatar, I believe thd choice has already been made. All I can say is I very much look forward to seeing the first painted model.

Archived