for the... lion? a new teaser

aura_enchanted

This discussion already exist on the news and rumors section

And? I assume that a potential hint for the release of the Primarch of the Dark Angels is a suitable topic of discussion for the forums of the Dark Angels. Not to mention that several people tend to avoid the pit for vipers in N&R. Our mods will sort it out if this thread is redundant

That being said, I believe that this will a release for the Sigmarines, I can't Imagine a pelt like that on the Lion's armour.

Edit: On the other hand... That head IS pretty detailed for a shoulderpad. Could be meant for a Primarch-sized shoulder.

What is in the background upper right corner?  Arms?.. Spines?

i was thinking paper the kind of paper we would normally see on a chaplains purity adornments.

http://i.imgur.com/bLKtNnn.jpg

my theory is that this is in fact a new chaplain model done in mk x or even an interrogator

There is an elven character in AoS that is the hero of the Lions Rangers... Lord Leto... And he wears that lion head shoulder pad with fur cloack...

Sorry guys but i guess it's him cause rumors are this summer will be elves for AoS...

Sounds reasonable. But sanguinius also has a cloak with a lion head pauldron thingy.

Either way, 100% not our primarch.

This is why these kind of threads don't class as rumors or even "rumors". It's playing charades and getting people's hopes up setting up for disappointment.

And in the end, time and resources were wasted, discussing something that was not even remotely DA related.

A rumor is something that has a story or a possibility of being true.

A part of a picture is just a charade,aka a " DIY rumor kit".

Just because it's a lion doesn't mean it's something DA related. High Elves or whatever they were called these days used to have troops with lion cloaks...

High Elves or whatever they were called these days used to have troops with lion cloaks...

Which incidentally make great bits for DA. I glued some on terminator shoulder pads, e.g., and used the pelt as a cloak.

This is also the reason why I think that it's those guys, remade for AoS, not a primarch. But, with rumors of Mortarion and Fulgrim in their Daemon Primarch forms coming out, there's still a possibility, stretched as it may be. smile.png

The next loyalist to return could be Sanguinius and there are good reasons for this even if this will :cuss up the fluff...

That guy that uses a sword he doesn't deserve prevented Cypher to enter the Golden Throne room...

Thisputs a big NO to the return of the lion and for me it will be a big no to numareenz (you coward smurf dont want the Lion to return and you want me to take your toy soldiers? No way!)

Lion confirmed?

From here second post last bit of text:

"

Will we see more Primarchs?
A cowled one may be on its way soon!!!!!!!
So there may be more on the way.

Thats it guys.

"

YEAAAAAAH !

I can't think of any other "cowled" primarch save Mortarion. You guys?

Lion confirmed?

From here second post last bit of text:

"

Will we see more Primarchs?

A cowled one may be on its way soon!!!!!!!

So there may be more on the way.

Thats it guys.

"

YEAAAAAAH !

I can't think of any other "cowled" primarch save Mortarion. You guys?

I can't recall any image of the Lion wearing a cowl, not that he didn't wear robes or anything. It most definitely means Mortarion, goes along with the Death Guard release.

The cowl (from the Latin cuculla, meaning "a hood") is an item of clothing consisting of a long, hooded garment with wide sleeves. Originally it may have referred simply to the hooded portion of a cloak. In contemporary usage, however, it is distinguished from a cloak or cape (cappa) by the fact that it refers to an entire closed garment.

A hood is a kind of headgear that covers most of the head and neck, and sometimes the face. Hoods that cover mainly the sides and top of the head, and leave the face mostly or partly open may be worn for protection from the environment (typically cold weather or rain), for fashion, as a form of traditional dress or uniform, or in the case of knights, an armoured hood is used for protection against bladed weapons.

In any case the Lion was never described as using a cowl and I can't recall if he was ever described as wearing a hood.

Archived