My last battle in 7th

Crazy Jay

So I had what will probably be my last game in 7th edition. Got in a game against my friend's 30k Emperors Children army. He brought a Knight Lancer to the battle and I brought my Ravenwing inspired Atrapos. Well they say location is everything and his Lancer found himself in a very bad location. Overall, I had minimal casualties and triumphed over the heretics. Here's a few pics of the armies and one moments before he had to remove his Knight from the table

https://imgur.com/a/VkMil

My army

1850pts

Oathbound

Atrapos

RWSF

Int Chap/bike

RW Command/apoth,champ,3 extra

Black knights/3 extra

Dark shroud

Dark Shroud

Attack bike/2 extra/3 multimeltas

Bike squad/2 grav guns

RWSS

Landspeeder Vengeance

4 landspeeders/4heavy bolters

His Army

Knight Lancer

Lord Eidilon

Vets squad combi melta/melta guns/dreadclaw drop pod

Terminators (various wepons) dreadclaw drop pod

MC Dreadnaught w 1kheres/power fist drop pod

2 missile drop pods

Set up

Playing long ways, custom objectives. 6 objectives randomly worth 1-4pts at the end of the game

I deployed my Atrapos and my Support Squadron surrounding the knight. My strike Force is in outflank reserves. He deployed his Lancer behind a building for cover.

T1 (he fails to steal, I go first) move my knight and support squadron up to get in range. Rolled a 6 for my collapsing singularity rule, turned it into a vortex D weapon but rolled a 1. The tried to hit him with the plasma storm battery blast, rolled a 1, saved the hull point. Very disappointing round.

He brought in his vets behind my knight, his terminators in front and a missile pod off to the side. He moved his knight up and then ran him off to the side by the building where you see him in the pic. (His biggest mistake IMO) he took 1 HP off my knight with the melta and 1 hp off a speeder (caused them to jink)

T2 I bring in the Strike force. Everything except 1 Dark Shroud and the standard black knight squad came in by his knight. Moved my knight down to the edge. Grav bikes went to threaten his vets. My Atrapos whiffed both weapons. My attack bikes stripped 3 HPS and my command squad stripped the Other 3 off the knight. His explosion did nothing. I also killed his missile pod with my other Black Knights.

He brings in his Dreadnaught behind my command squad, and his other missile pod by an objective. He disembarks his drop pods. His shooting kills 2 of my bikes from the grav Squad, then failed morale caused the 3 to run off the board. He took another HP off the support squad. His Dreadnaught shoots at a dark shroud, does nothing. His terminators with Eidilon charge my knight. At the end of combat 1 terminator is dead and my Atrapos is down to 1 HP (thank the Emperor he starts with 7!). My stomps did not a damn thing.

T3 I move my attack bikes to go after a dreadclaw (does nothing), my command squad after his Dreadnaught, kills it in shooting. My other black knight and dark shroud sit on objectives do to no good targets. My support squad positions against his vets, kills all but 1. In assault, the Atrapos kills 2 terminators then dies. His explosion scatters off the table.

He has his 2 dreadclaws start moving around doing some sort of vector strike attack, does a bit of damage but nothing serious. At this point he doesn't have much left, his remaining missile pod didn't do much against me. His remaining termitors with Eidilon charge my support Squad, kill everything but the vengeance.

T4 I move and turbo boost my command squad toward Eidilon. My vengeance shot at his termies/HQ and rolled very well. He took the heavy bolter wounds on his terminators and rolled snake eyes, then took 2 plasma wounds on Eidilon, failed his saves, put him at 1 wound.

His turn, he shot my command squad, I jinked. He then had Eidilon charge me and even with 12 plasma shots with rerolls, I couldn't get a 6. Then right before he rolled his charge, I remembered my chaplain didn't fire OW. I land 1 wound, he rolls a 1, dies and then we end the game.

It was a fun game but his army was tactically designed to fail against my jink saves and that amount of AP2-1.

Archived