SW Spartan

Working on a Space Wolf Spartan for a friend; First time trying AK Chipping solution. Basically (Thanks to Awakened Realms Weathering vid on youtube) undercoated in both brown and red splotches, then clear coat sealed it. Added the Chipping solution probably a bit thinner/lighter than I will in the future.  Then did the triple grey shades. VERY shortly after it was dried, went in with water and firm brush to activate the solution. Added the decals and now just have to do some lenses/lights. Turned out 'ok' for about 4 hrs work. You can see vaguely where the chip spray congealed under the grey in pic #2.  I found a English to Nordic Runes page here and while it's not a true language translator, I'm gonna add some runes on the top plate just above the double wolf head nose  section, "The Wolf-Time"...really, there's not a lot of other places to put writing or decals as it is a crowded model...thought about a Celtic Knot pattern, but that's more time than I want to spend on a free job...

1%2B%25281%2529.jpg

1%2B%25282%2529.jpg

1%2B%25283%2529.jpg

1%2B%25284%2529.jpg

1%2B%25285%2529.jpg

1%2B%25289%2529.jpg

1%2B%252810%2529.jpg

1%2B%252812%2529.jpg

1%2B%252813%2529.jpg

Dude how'd you get that icon on there, stencil? It's perfect!

Those are forgerworld decals he bought.  Easy way to get them right is to use micro sol/micro set, then gloss varnish over it so the seams disappear, followed by satin varnish after to kill the shine

The exhaust pipes look fine to me. Of course, your painting skills are far greater than mine, so what you consider adequate seems beyond what I can achieve at this time.

Much thanks.  Gotta admit, Airbrush takes a lot of the skill requirement out. 

EDIT: BTW, those heat-stressed barrels were pretty easy going with Minitair Ghost Tint golden yellow, letting that dry and using some Ghost tint fresh blood, then Ghost Tint oil Discharge. lastly was a brief highlight spry of ghost tint Purple.  I of course didn't let them dry  as long as i should have, but overall it's ok . Used the same thing on these PBC Pipe Arty 

16904685_1008387199305289_25720361450274

Archived