Why do Baal Predators cost 115 pts?

A bit of a rant / rhetorical question.

Why do Baal Preds cost 115 points?

I'm making a 1250 pt list for a game I'm playing tonight and trying to do something different. I own 2 baal preds, and I almost never take them, and I can't figure out why, they just never feel worth it to me.

So I decided to do some mathing, and here's where I come out.

A normal predator is 75 points.  Tack on another 10 for the Lucian Engines, you're up to 85 points.

Now...as near as I can tell, there is nothing else accounting for the 30 point leap except for the difference in main cannon: Autocannon to (Twin Linked Assault cannon or Flamestorm cannon).  30 Points for the upgrade?

most assault cannons cost 20 points when they're available for purchase.  I imagine making it twin linked is worth another 5 or 10, but then wouldn't we deduce the cost of the autocannon?

It just seems way overpriced to me.

I did a break down of this a while ago. They're over costed because they left them at the same points despite removing the scout rule between 5th and 7th. Also internal costing is wacky.

They should be 10pts cheaper based on the cost of an assault cannon upgrade elsewhere in the army.

Alternatively, they should be base 120pts based on the upgrade value of the engines and twin las cannon. Twin lascannon upgrade is identical points to twin ass can throughout the army (stormraven, Razorbacks) so the twin assault cannon option should be the same cost as the twin las cannon.

Archived