Militarum Tempestus & 8th transport rules

Aothaine

So, what do you more experienced players think about the new transport rules?

How do you think they will affect Taurox Primes?

With the rules that have been released so far, do you feel that running MSU with our Tempestus is still going to be a good option? Or will we need to start fielding full man squads?

Just curious to see what others think. The main thread on the 8th ed section has a lot of talk about how this will affect chaos SM and normal SM. But there is not a lot on how it will affect IG or nitch armies like Militarum Tempestus.

While the detachment rules say we can take a transport for every other troop choice, the transport rules say we can have multiple units in a transport. I myself will likely run two 5 man squads per taurox prime. You can also bring the extra needed as fast attack options or mix in a valkyrie or vendetta I suspect we will now have access to the vendetta).

I'm more concerned about tempestus if their hotshots are still 18" range. With disembarking done first, it looks like it'll be difficult to get in double tap range. Then with deep strike being OVER 9" away from enemies that will mean it won't happen then either. :/

Very interesting questions for sure.

I was always a fan of the Taurox Prime rushes over the boards rather than Valks and deep striking. Though maybe those will be better options in 8th.

Vendettas would but awesome to have though. 

The 19th can't come fast enough... So many questions still brewing in my head.

I just hope my Taurox Prime load outs are still going to be useful. The chain gun and missiles. Will be difficult if I need to purchase another eight Taurox Primes.

Is this definitely the case for everything, or is the "every other" just particulars to some? Seems odd to remove full mechanisation!

There is already examples of things changing in stat which is to be expected given how different 8th is, so that's good enough reason to hope for some improvements to Scion gear. Unfortunately until we get some specifics on Stormtroopers directly we can't know, and I'm starting to think we won't get it before release confused.gif

That's what I was thinking, otherwise you'd be able to take a transport for taking a transport :lol: Though with the Chaos leak putting Rhinos at 70pts - that's double - I am somewhat concerned that GW will be putting this "you can assault from transports" price increase across the board... and with the best will in the World Guardsmen just don't benefit from this change as Marines might.

Once again we're left waiting for the full release! Not that I'm counting the days or anything :P

Archived