Back in the saddle again!

Pbenner

Brothers!

I am officially gearing up to get back in the saddle for the next edition of 40K.  I began last week by digging through all my stuff that has been in storage after some rough times personally and digging into the hobbyist stuff.  

I managed to find all of my current models that I had in my army list.  Sadly, being stored was not good on some of the posed resin, so I'm going to have to figure out how to get them put back how I want without destroying them.  

(3) Overall casualties.  

One of my Librarians had the haft of his Force Axe broken off at the hand.  This may or may not be a fun fix, but I think I should replace the half with metal anyway, it's rather thin.  

One Contemptor Dreadnought had his CML pop apart at a glued seam, so a little glue and he's right as rain.  Will need a little paint touch up.

One of my two Terminus Ultras had one of it's Las Cannons break.  Not a minor break, so will have to look at a full disassembly on the one side if I want it to work again.  Not too bad, but not minor either.  

At it sits now, I need to do a lot of touch ups on pieces that I was too hasty to finish the first time around.  I've also got some models that I don't like the scheme on (My Converted Librarian Dread) that needs to get moved over.  

The majority of what needs finished is some basing and the like.  They're painted and have decoration on them, but they lack flock, grass, or bushes to make them look better than mud and stone.  

I am very much super excited for the new edition.  It appears at first glance to have a lot keener eye for balance issues than anything previously, especially with all the codex being launched at once.  

I am not really in need of any models to add to my Deathwing Force, but I have enough parts around to make any new characters I decide I need, or to quickly hack together a model with a Relic or what not (which I hope stick around).

Once everything is repaired, I plan on setting up some tables and putting everything on the field.  

Very first thing that is going in for Paint is going to be my Land Raider Crusader. While it was the First Land Raider I ever bought, I haven't given it the love it really needs.  Then, after being borrowed by one of the locals, it came back in less than stellar condition.  It needs some work, but I'll be giving it some TLC very soon.  Should be a good model to jump back in with.  

Best,

Paul 

Archived