8th Edition Rules/Datasheets for BAs leaked

The terminator ancient is really an odd duck. It's just 1 model - with "a" Lightning claw... wth?

Other hand holding the banner.

Yeah it's more the 'unit of 1' that I find odd, and we don't have any specific Blood Angel Terminators... it looks like we'd just draw from the SM list. After Angel's Blade that seems really weird to me, the book was so focused on 1st-company formations.

The terminator ancient is really an odd duck. It's just 1 model - with "a" Lightning claw... wth?

Other hand holding the banner.

Yeah it's more the 'unit of 1' that I find odd, and we don't have any specific Blood Angel Terminators... it looks like we'd just draw from the SM list. After Angel's Blade that seems really weird to me, the book was so focused on 1st-company formations.

All of the banner bearers have been made into independent characters, essentially. He has 5 Wounds! :D

Chief Librarian Mephiston and Commander Dante sound oddly specific compared to "Astorath" and "Lemartes". Almost like they might be future proofing for alternate versions.

Tycho's digital lasers forgotten again :rolleyes:

Boltgun death company lose the pistol, not the chainsword.

I'm now down 1 terminator in my terminator force.

Only thing i don't like so far is the Black Rage rule.

Why?

It's Rage and Feel No Pain, just in a form more fit for the edition.

No it's not. 

DC went from +2 attacks, +1 str on the charge, a 5+ FNP and Fearless, to just a +1 attack and 6+ "FNP"

So they lost 1 attack, their "ignore wounds" ability was effectively halved, from 1/3 to 1/6 and are not immune to psychology anymore.

Sure, what's not to like? :P

One can only hope that the edition is harsh for everyone else i guess... seeing as it's all going to be so 'balanced'.

I want to know what calgar is like by comparison...

Issue with dante: he lost his initiative score which made him uniquely fast for a loyalist marine. And he lost his strategic AND precision abilities. And yet costs only 10 points less.

Hence why I said fit for the new edition :P

The FNP is worse against small arms, but can now also work against guns that would have previously caused instant death, not a great tradeoff but its okay.

No one gets +1A on the charge now except for through special rules, so DC still get an "extra" attack on the charge over the norm, like what rage used to give.

If you get me.

I don't know, I guess I'm in the minority but I like what I see so far. Death Company are the only disappointment but they do cost less ...

I don't think we can judge until we've seen all of this in context with other armies.

Is it just me or are Sanguinary Guard getting a nice boost? They are cheaper, their weapons are better, and they have 2 wounds.