8th Edition Rules/Datasheets for BAs leaked

Personally, they should have kept the point costs the same and just gave the overcharge ability. Otherwise they should have reduced price, made the thing str 6, ap -1 in normal mode and then made overcharge str 7 ap-2 with the gets hot rules.  To have both was a bad idea.

I disagree here. 

The overcharge rule is unlikely to ever see play on my side unless im desperate - and never,ever for characters.  Losing a multiwound model because of a 1:6 chance is a big no-no for me.  I think its a super smart change. 

As Gunhazard has said, once I saw the rules for all the other Marine factions I was a lot happier. All have lost their Chapter tactics for the moment, the special characters really aren't that special. They cant create chapter masters willy nilly now either. But expect that to change with codex space marines.

On Lucius pattern DP - I was in WHW earlier in the year and asked why it wasn't available in the store. I was told by the guy in store that someone dropped the mould and so it needed to be recast. You can bet your ass it will be the most popular item on the FW store once it comes back, but its points value will reflect how important it is.

Re if new codexes will be a thing - yes they will be. The Index is simply a book giving rules to every model currently available in the store. Its why Iron Hands have gotten no rules, because they currently have no chapter specific special characters. Expect Codex Space marines In July/August and I have been reliably informed that Codex Blood Angels will be September-ish.

feel a lot better about DC now. Theres very little +1 attack on the charge any more. They could be lethal.

Edited by Poppaby

Personally, they should have kept the point costs the same and just gave the overcharge ability. Otherwise they should have reduced price, made the thing str 6, ap -1 in normal mode and then made overcharge str 7 ap-2 with the gets hot rules.  To have both was a bad idea.

I disagree here. 

The overcharge rule is unlikely to ever see play on my side unless im desperate - and never,ever for characters.  Losing a multiwound model because of a 1:6 chance is a big no-no for me.  I think its a super smart change. 

I disagree with your disagreement :tongue.: .

So I think maybe I didn't state my point. If you kept plasma weapons as they are in 7th edition (7th edition version of gets hot rule), the points break would be justified. However they both decreased the points AND increase utility on the weapons thus making them slightly over powered. Not only can you apparently spam the living heck out of them (pretty much every unit has an option for more than a single plasma weapon) but there is absolutely no fear in using it in standard mode.

The overcharge ability, let's forget about that for now. So you have a strength 7, ap -whatever-it-is weapon that has no draw backs. It becomes a goto option as it is much better than pistols/bolters and costs surprisingly low compared to melta, flamer or grav weapons. Once you add the "Oh poop" option of the overcharge (essentially a poor mans melta) you start to see how much more useful it is generally. In the case of combi-plasma, it becomes even more so since you have almost a built in meltagun for those "hail mary" moments as well as normal strength 7, rapid fire power.

Personally, the current mode for plasma should have stayed with the Primaris version. Made the most sense that cawl finally made improvements and should be relegated to those units. Giving the mode to all plasma was a bad idea as now plasma weapons are just much more useful in general.

Edited by Spagunk

I'd disagree, Plasma has gone from wounding T4 & T5 on 2s, and being able to 1 shot kill lighter tanks to wounding on 3s and pulling at most one wound of often 8+ off those vehices, seems like it deserves a price cut to me.

I'd disagree, Plasma has gone from wounding T4 & T5 on 2s, and being able to 1 shot kill lighter tanks to wounding on 3s and pulling at most one wound of often 8+ off those vehices, seems like it deserves a price cut to me.

All weapons are affected this way. A meltagun could also one shot vehicles previously but now can't do so today. I don't equate that specific trait as a "plasma only behavior" so thus should not enter into the equation.

Aye, plasma is still only a Damage 1 weapon on the low setting.

Even on high it's only 2 damage.

It's not an insanely powerful weapon, just nicely consistent with the opportunity to be a good punch if need be.

Melta is still your go-to short ranged Falcon Punch against bigger multiwound targets, Flamers for hordes and Grav is the middle ground between melta and Plasma, lacking the strength of both but the chance for a little more damage against heavier foes.

The balance is great and they all seem costed fairly well.

I disagree here. 

Did they change how gets hot works? In 7th it was a 1:6 chance to get wound and a further x:6 chance for the wound to be unsaved.

Did they change how gets hot works? In 7th it was a 1:6 chance to get wound and a further x:6 chance for the wound to be unsaved.

Hit roll of 1 when you overcharge plasma (+1 S, damage) and bearer is slain. Vehicle plasma (and some character named weapons) make it 1 mortal wound instead. 'Normal' plasma shots, no get hot risk at all. Hit rerolls (command point, captain nearby) are very useful for plasma!

Edited by Arkhanist

Hit roll of 1 when you overcharge plasma (+1 S, damage) and bearer is slain.

Wow that's harsh.

Hit rerolls (command point, captain nearby) are very useful for plasma!

Let's hope that GW does not invalidate their own rules through a :censored: ing FAQ like they did for rerolls on plasma weapons in 7th.

Hit roll of 1 when you overcharge plasma (+1 S, damage) and bearer is slain. Vehicle plasma (and some character named weapons) make it 1 mortal wound instead. 'Normal' plasma shots, no get hot risk at all. Hit rerolls (command point, captain nearby) are very useful for plasma!

Amusingly enough, it appears that while this applies to the Stormraven, a Razorback nukes itself (it has the 'bearer is slain' wording)

Don't worry, even more amusingly a Leman Russ kills itself with it's side sponsons if it over-charges, the Plasma turret versionhas improved heat sinks and gets away with a mortal wound and can never fire any plasma again...

• 2 weeks later...

No. You just add your keyword chapter.
Im missing quad mortars in the book thoug.

Lucius Drop Pod is as expected the transport for all dread variants (Dreadnouhgt keyword) T7 8W 3+ S6 but 0A.

@ Morticon

Hi Mort i got the book and i wanted to answer in the fw rumor thread but im not allowed to reply. do you know why?

The sicaran gun is 8shots S7 -1 D2 but gets no malus if shooting @ flyers and every wound roll of 6 gets D3. Feel free to answer other things.

P.s. i also cant send personal messages. Wonder why? Strange..
Edited by Riot Earp

No. You just add your keyword chapter.

Im missing quad mortars in the book thoug.

Lucius Drop Pod is as expected the transport for all dread variants (Dreadnouhgt keyword) T7 8W 3+ S6 but 0A.

@ Morticon

Hi Mort i got the book and i wanted to answer in the fw rumor thread but im not allowed to reply. do you know why?

The sicaran gun is 8shots S7 -1 D2 but gets no malus if shooting @ flyers and every wound roll of 6 gets D3. Feel free to answer other things.

P.s. i also cant send personal messages. Wonder why? Strange..

Not sure at the moment bud!! Maybe you box is full?

Thanks for the info so far, btw!

Website bug. Send it, ignore error message, hit F5 (and you'll see that it went through on your outbox).

Send me one to test it, there's space in my inbox.

If that's not the case, tell Warriorfish exactly what the problem is :)

Mortis with Two Auto-cannons finally as cool as it looks... Not to mention we got access :biggrin.:

No rules for targeting flyers if stationary though :sad.:

......3 images into the leak and the link breaks :censored:

Edited by Charlo

Mortis with Two Auto-cannons finally as cool as it looks... Not to mention we got access :biggrin.:

No rules for targeting flyers if stationary though :sad.:

......3 images into the leak and the link breaks :censored:

Man, that was almost the only sheet I wanted to see. What's the benefit of Mortis Dreads if they don't shoot Flyers more effectively...?