8th Edition Rules/Datasheets for BAs leaked

I'm Brother Lemartes! Look at me!

Yeah I'm disappointed about the D.C. but that's really it so far... oh yeah and the libby dread. Most people seem happy with the libby dread, so I'll remain optimistic; however, the 3 attacks when every other dread has 4 is silly imo...

I'm looking forward to trying to make a list tonight (if we can see all the point values that is)

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Interesting, and we're going to need to have a lot of overlapping bonuses and such to maximise our potential.

I wish the bonuses were cumulative. Multiple +1 S from priests would be cool.

On that, we're back to 5th ed with no base furious charge and priest bubbles. No big deal. What I am excited about is the predator autocannon. That thing is beastly. Death co dreads are also awesome, fists all the way for high School and guaranteed damage. I like the odds of a 7" charge into a vehicle from a pod.

they did the same thing in second edition with the black codex pamphlet (every model in every army had useable rules/stats and wargear in), and again in third edition they put out standard rules to get by but without special rules. The special rules will follow in the new proper 8th edition codecii. If they put out all teh rules in this combined codex then no-one would need/want to buy the faction specific ones later.

https://imgur.com/a/ayv2c

Khorne Berserkers are just S5 automatically AND cost less than Death Co. 

LOL just S5???

"this unit can fight twice in each fight phase"

Better than Death Co in every way and cheaper to boot. This is ridiculous.

It seems like we are missing something. Death Company are Power Level 9. Berzerkers are 5. I don't get it. On paper Berzerkers are better hands down. Is it just because of equipment?

LOL just S5???

Τhey are just 1 point cheaper.

They are better than the DC, no doubt about that, but the only reason is because they attack twice.

It seems like we are missing something. Death Company are Power Level 9. Berzerkers are 5. I don't get it. On paper Berzerkers are better hands down. Is it just because of equipment?

It seems that someone in GW overrates how the DC perform for some reason.

That's why they nerfed them into oblivion.

This is just one more nail in the coffin in their claim that they playtested the :censored: out of this edition.

No one in his right mind would hit the DC so hard. they are not that OP :cuss

Edited by Jolemai
Swear filter dodge

LOL just S5???

They are better than the DC, no doubt about that, but the only reason is because they attack twice.

IMG_20170504_132335.jpg

We have no idea currently what other rules might or might not apply to the DC

We have seen some pages of the probable new rulebook, which may well have been photographed on a toilet floor looking at some of the background I tidied up earlier.

LOL just S5???

IMG_20170504_132335.jpg

We have no idea currently what other rules might or might not apply to the DC

We have seen some pages of the probable new rulebook, which may well have been photographed on a toilet floor looking at some of the background I tidied up earlier.

This sounds more like wishful thinking... ;)

Comparing just the datasheets it's pretty obvious who's the winner.

Is a Priest/Corbulo just and auto include now? that Blood Chalice and Narthecium are incredible, a constant +1 Str and being able to bring back models.

Nope. You're essentially paying for a 4+ FNP on one model only, and for added chuckles if you fail the 50/50 roll the Priest doesn't get to act in that turn. Wouldn't bother taking a Priest now.

It seems as though FNP has been nerfed across the board, and I suspect we have deathstars to thank for that.

The Shield of Sanguinius Psychic ability looks like the only fix here. So squad of DC, Astorath for the buffs he provides, and then a Psyker to cast 4+FNP on them also. The 2 catches being the cost of the Psyker (although this is slightly mitigated by cheaper DC marines and the fact it's a 4+ not a 5+), and that Astorath will also not benefit from the power (although he has a Rosarius which gives him a 4+ Invun anyway, and as you can't stack Invun saves you're not really loosing). Edited by SM1981

LOL just S5???

With the power level system, this includes all upgrades. DC can upgrade more than berserkers. That 9 power gets everyone in the DC unit a power fist and an infernus pistol.

With the power level system, this includes all upgrades. DC can upgrade more than berserkers. That 9 power gets everyone in the DC unit a power fist and an infernus pistol.

IAlso, look at the key words for the Khorne Bezerkers. They are World Eaters Legion, not a filler tag for a keyword. This might mean they're harder to incorporate into other vehicles, forces, and such. See the Khârn entry that gives rerolls specific to other World Eaters?. The Death Company benefit from EVERY buff the other Blood Angels have access to. We really just don't know right now everything that this could mean or the limitations of it.

Bezerkers have no x2 strength weapons. No jump packs. No FNP from Black Rage (or something similar we know of), etc..

I made a list based off of my LATF and DCSF list. I doubt I have all the points right, but I think it's close enough:

1916pts

Lemartes = 129pts
SP + JP + BP/CS = 86pts
10xDC + JP + PF = 220pts
10xDC + JP + PF = 220pts
5xDC + PF = 105pts (ride in LRR)
DC Dread + fists + MG + HF + SB = 202pts
Drop Pod + Storm Bolter = 105pts
Baal Pred + AC + 2xHB = 162pts
Baal Pred + FC = 137pts
Pred + TLC + 2xLC = 202pts
LRR + MM + 2xFC + AC = 366pts

Doesn't seem too bad... If my points are correct, I would probably give the 2nd Baal the heavy flamers and maybe some more weapons on the DC to get it up to 2k. 

I noticed that Baal Preds can't take storm bolters now?

Edit: looks like I would have to run this list as 1 Vanguard detachment and also 1 Spearhead detachment
Edited by Brother Lemartes

Realistically very few people are going to use the power rating system, or build their armies to min/max that framework. It's a shame that the rating appears in each entry but the points are hidden away in a separate index.

I'm surprised that GW, after the lessons of AoS, are again trying an alternative to pure points. I suppose the logic is that simple power ratings are more 'accessible' than lots of mathematics, but again, AoS has shown people like points.

These leaks are making me wonder what all these experts tested?

It is possible that there are a bunch of codex planned for release soon after the new edition. Perhaps the experts have been playing testing the yet to be leaked/announced codex? And the stuff we are seeing now is just a stop gap and hopefully very temporary

I know it's probably wishful thinking bit it is possible!

There was talk about another campaign focusing on the Devastation of Baal.... maybe we will see a better rule system this year?

Or maybe vanilla marines will be updated soon/first and we will be rolled in with them?

I'm surprised that GW, after the lessons of AoS, are again trying an alternative to pure points. I suppose the logic is that simple power ratings are more 'accessible' than lots of mathematics, but again, AoS has shown people like points.

AoS points have significantly more in common with this Power Rating system than with granular points.