8th Edition Rules/Datasheets for BAs leaked

Im wondering if these rules are a bit lackluster because when an actual codex comes out we will end up with primarus versions of these units, and they will be decent.....slowly shifting us all to primarus

They're only a few more points (30/40?) than a Rhino and show up anywhere on the table not within 9" of an enemy on the turn of your choosing. Still a pretty good transport I'd say, though it's shocking all vehicles have gone up considerably in price in return for improved survivability.

My Furioso Dreadnoughts will be riding in Stormravens! That will be fun. Curious to see how Flyers are going to work.

Edited by NTaW

They're only a few more points (30/40?) than a Rhino and show up anywhere on the table not within 9" of an enemy on the turn of your choosing. Still a pretty good transport I'd say, though it's shocking all vehicles have gone up considerably in price in return for improved survivability.

My Furioso Dreadnoughts will be riding in Stormravens! That will be fun. Curious to see how Flyers are going to work.

They work like this:

stormraven.jpg

Note that the Rhino Primaris is the command Rhino from the Warhammer World exclusive box. Has nothing to do with Primaris marines:

Hidden Content
http://www.tabletopencounters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Space-Marine-Rhino-Primaris-Command-Tank.jpg

Hard choice as ever for Stormraven weapon options. At least now the hurricanes can shoot at a different target to any anti tank weapons.

Missiles are no longer one use it seems, so the stormstrike adds power to an anti tank build.

Asscans + hurricanes + typhoon (frag) + 2 storm strike missiles nets you an average of 45 shots at 12" range, up to a max of 50.

I'm Brother Lemartes! Look at me!

Yeah I'm disappointed about the D.C. but that's really it so far... oh yeah and the libby dread. Most people seem happy with the libby dread, so I'll remain optimistic; however, the 3 attacks when every other dread has 4 is silly imo...

I'm looking forward to trying to make a list tonight (if we can see all the point values that is)

If DC took a hit power-wise....one could take a look at the composition of my Entire army

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/923/V90vfo.jpg

...and realize that I am not a happy camper. Oh well. I'll still play them because I love them..

Well having just seen the Space Wolf leaked rules, I am struggling to believe there isn't someone at GW who hates the Angels.

Wulfen are so much better than the Death Company it's untrue - better basic stats (extra strength and wound and move 7), better feel no pain (5+ normal AND get to make their attacks if slain before striking), get to advance and then charge (so pretty much Jump pack charge bonus without needing jump packs), re-roll failed charges AND they have two different buff bubbles.

Oh and insult to injury, they get to keep 'Krom' from their box as a named Character where we lose Karlaen.

Increasingly feeling like sitting this edition out until we get a codex.

Well having just seen the Space Wolf leaked rules, I am struggling to believe there isn't someone at GW who hates the Angels.

Wulfen are so much better than the Death Company it's untrue - better basic stats (extra strength and wound and move 7), better feel no pain (5+ normal AND get to make their attacks if slain before striking), get to advance and then charge (so pretty much Jump pack charge bonus without needing jump packs), re-roll failed charges AND they have two different buff bubbles.

How many points are they compared to DC?

SW have always been the crutch army.

The more leaks I see the more it seems like they nerfed our stuff for no reason... I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's just a little baffling. Other HQs give an extra command point but Dante doesn't? Other HQs/weapons have "on the charge, do d6 instead of D3 damage" which seems like a perfect type of thing to give us.. the guys that specialize in assaults and charging? I just don't get it, do they really not have anyone around that cares or has an idea as to how BA can be a flavorful and fun army? Their main concern for awhile seems to be to make sure BA aren't too powerful, which should be way way down on the list of things to worry about with this game considering we haven't been too powerful since 5th maybe?

I really curious to see our faction focus...