8th Edition Rules/Datasheets for BAs leaked

I keep hearing that the indexes are temporary and that we'll get our codex soon.

How sure are we of this? i cannot find any confirmation.

OTOH, I heard GW say that the indexes are here to stay and that point costs are not included in the datasheets so that they can adjust when the time for an update comes.

So, what's real and what's not?

Azrael and calgar both are...

At warhammer fest, robin said codexes would be "sooner than you might think". Everything else he told me has been true so I bet the first ones drop in july/august. I'd guess at space marines/chaos space marines tbh (that's pure speculation)

dreads will still have the lucius!

Now there's a project I have been putting off...making foamcore DDPs! Nothing like being forced into action by changing rules :lol:

On the topic of meltaguns in Assault squads, well shucks. Not gonna lie though I definitely thought it would happen with Angel's Blade. It sure seems like you get to choose when your Reserves arrive though, can we choose to have our Stormravens show up T1?

So after much thinking....This is going to be the first list I test out in 8th edition.....
It is based on models I own/can easily proxy and is mostly aimed at testing out how things fare in this edition.

- The tactical squads are equipped to take on any eventuality and have rhinos for mobility.

- Scout squads with snipers seem good with the possibility of them dealing mortal wounds. The missile launchers seem a lot better now that every model in a unit can fire independently.

- The vindicators provide much needed punching power against units with lots of wounds.

- Baal predators seem great on paper and provide lots of shots to force rolls on high-priority targets.

- The Sanguinary guard (and Ancient), Sanguinor, Sanguinary priest and Librarian all stay together and make a pseudo- death star that can either jump assault somewhere or start on the board in cover.

This is just an initial list.....Id like to test Librarian dreads and Death company with Lemartes out next.....
My first opponent of 8th Edition will be Grey Knights on Friday....

Thoughts?

18766110_10212423282872720_7188267798054

Edited by CrimsonExarch

Have we seen the Librarian entry to know they can indeed take jump packs? I know there's been a lot of conjecture on the topic.

Looks like about the same model count as before for BA at 2k.

Edited by NTaW

just realized you can still take special weapons assault marines in the form of company vets with jump packs (i think we're the only ones who get them too), except it's an extra 3 PPm over normal assault marines.  you DO get an extra attack and higher ld though, so i'm okay with it.  also the ability to pimp out the whole squad, if you wanted to.  I'm not quite sure what use regular assault marines are though.  The company vets are the special weapon bearers.  death company are the chaff close combat killers (they're still 4 attacks each on the charge with chainswords, guys, it's not that bad).  Sanguinary guard kill the 'ard targets.  assault marines are a little cheaper than death co and company vets, but i don't think i'd use them.  i'd splurge the small amount for the other two, honestly.  so i'm largely okay with that.

my only real issues are dante and the baal predator.  I mean, c'mon GW.

edit: also the psychic powers.  blood boil is bad.  shield of sanguinius is good, but at a 4+, i'm unlikely to think it highly necessary most of the time. unleash rage is good though.

Edited by durdle-durdle

Do we ? It's gone from the Forge World website and Forge World have yet to release their 8th ed rules.

All signs pointing towards a new plastic drop pod for Dreads/Primaris stuff. Launched the same time as the Primaris Dread ?

It's not on the FW website because its mould it getting re-done. They have since said they don't have a release window for it so they can't estimate a return (too much other stuff in or something).

I fully expect it to be in the relevant FW book - it was certainly in the last HH book and when that came out, the Lucius was out of stock.

Meanwhile I have been proxying them with regular Drop Pods minus the guns (and internals). Perhaps you could do that in the interim?

Do we ? It's gone from the Forge World website and Forge World have yet to release their 8th ed rules.

All signs pointing towards a new plastic drop pod for Dreads/Primaris stuff. Launched the same time as the Primaris Dread ?

Im inferring this based on the fact that FW said theyd be updating their model's rules line "in time for 8th".  A model exists for it (an expensive and popular one too, mind) - so, i dont see it going anywhere.

Ok, when it comes to units like death company, where are we to find the point price for jump packs, or is it included? I can't tell looking at these sheets. 

Jump packs are included in some entries, like veterans and ancients, and it says it is an option in some command profiles for SM like librarians and captains, but no points for the jump packs for matched play, just increase of power points for narrative. 

Ok, when it comes to units like death company, where are we to find the point price for jump packs, or is it included? I can't tell looking at these sheets.

Jump packs are included in some entries, like veterans and ancients, and it says it is an option in some command profiles for SM like librarians and captains, but no points for the jump packs for matched play, just increase of power points for narrative.

It's on the blood angels points value page, lists all units with / without jump packs etc

Edited by Jbird