Warp Talon/Raptor Conversions

I've just finished knocking together a quick proof of concept for my new Death Guard raptors/warp talons.

They are inspired by the incredible work of Maxime Pastorel, whose heavily converted army was on display at warhammer world.

gallery_59654_10229_1803842.jpggallery_59654_10229_375941.jpggallery_59654_10229_1355341.jpg

Obviously the idea is to give them the same flavour as blight drones (eww) with the ducted fan jump pack.

I tried a few ways to make little propellers to go inside the duct rings but its not working out, my plan now is to paint the propellers onto the plasticard discs. If anyone has any hints on where to find 15mm diameter propellers or how to make some please let me know

next step is a pass with greenstuff to hide the sloppy bits and then a quick and dirty paint job so i can appreciate the final effect.

I'd love some constructive criticism on the concept but remember this particular model is something i quickly threw together from the bitz box to have a proof of concept so no need to tell me what a sloppy job it is

Archived