Monday June 5th - IG vs Custodes

It was an interesting match to watch, since I play both Custodes and IG.

The IG list was a Hellhound, a Punisher, a demolisher and 2 other tanks which I'm not quite sure of. Oh and there was a Enginseer.

The Custodes list was 2 Custodes squads (1 with swords and 1 with spears), Inquisitor Greyfax as the Warlord and a Venerable Land Raider.

The guard did well well until the last few rounds. The got the Venerable LR down to 2 wounds (it had 16) and Greyfax was killed giving them Slay the Warlord and First Blood. One of the Custodes squads was down to 2 men at the end.

However, the Custodes ripped through 2 leman russes and the hellhound and a 3rd leman Russ was killed in combat with the LR. I'm not sure what happened to the Enginseer, but I presume he was killed charging the LR. This left the IG with 1 punisher left and he conceded the match there.

Moral of the story, don't get in close combat with Custodes...

Thanks CT,

Odd, like ND said that the guard had 0 boots on the ground. Not my type of style so it's hard to judge. What was the points value for the game? What do you think performed well/poorly?

Likewise, what did well/poorly for the custodes? They're an army I also might be interested in starting up as it doesn't seem you need a huge bug in/they look cool.

EDIT: on that note, is there a sub-forum for these dudes/SoS?

Thanks CT,

Odd, like ND said that the guard had 0 boots on the ground. Not my type of style so it's hard to judge. What was the points value for the game? What do you think performed well/poorly?

Likewise, what did well/poorly for the custodes? They're an army I also might be interested in starting up as it doesn't seem you need a huge bug in/they look cool.

EDIT: on that note, is there a sub-forum for these dudes/SoS?

I was surprised that the IG was a mechanised force, I don't think it was a great choice against Custodes.

On the IG side, the hellhound did well. It was the only IG unit to get a kill (1 Greyfax and 3 Custodes). The rest of the tanks, especially the Punisher, performed rather poorly since the punisher couldn't really do anything against the Custodes. The Enginseer did very little, it repaired some of the tanks but when they were destroyed, he made a mad dash to the LR but failed to wound it.

On the Custodes side, mostly everything did well. The LR was able to soak up every turn of shooting from all the Leman Russes and the Custodes with spears chopped up 2 tanks really quickly. The Custodes with swords didn't do as well, the one Hellhoumd wrapped them up in combat for a few turns and killed 3 of them. Greyfax did very little, mostly because the player forgot that you can now overwatch multiple times and charged in before the Custodes to soak up the overwatch.

Archived