forge world index - chaos is back, and better than before

Renegade Knights not being able to get Daemonic Alignment makes me worry that it's gone totally in the FW book as well (which would make zero sense!). We'll see.

Forgeworld made the Chaos Knight just before the Renegade Knight was made IIRC. But both were supposed to basically be the same thing, just that one had FW rules and the other had GW rules. Most likely part of the streamlining into 8th meant the FW version of the rules no longer exist, but if we feel like going ham on a biscuit, FW still sells the better model.

Just because I'm bored and needed a way to kill my time, these are all the new units we have access to (not including units like the Stormbird and Samus that were available via datasheets):

1.) Hellforged Scorpius

2.) Hellforged Sicaran Venator

3.) Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought

4.) Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought

5.) Hellforged Cerberus Heavy Destroyer

6.) Hellforged Falchion

7.) Hellforged Mastodon

8.) Chaos Xiphon Interceptor

9.) Chaos Hellwright

10.) Chaos Hellwright on Dark Abeyant

11.) Plague Toads of Nurgle

12.) Pox Riders of Nurgle

13.) Renegade Knight Acheron

14.) Renegade Knight Lancer

15.) Renegade Knight Castigator

16.) Renegade Knight Atrapos

17.) Renegade Knight Magaera

18.) Renegade Knight Porphyrion

19.) Renegade Knight Styrix

20.) Chaos Warlord Battle Titan

Am I missing any?

I'm curious exactly what they're gonna do with Dreadclaws and Kharybdises.

For :cuss sake get rid of eating the passenger. I can see them keeping the AoE flame blasts for nearby units/units it moves over, but the 9+" deep strike distance restriction will mean they can't do that on the turn they arrive. I can see Dreadclaws being ~150 points base, given the 103 base cost for loyalist drop pods. Up to 200 is possible with its gear, I'd guess. Up to 400 for the Kharybdis is my guess for that thing, seeing as how you'll be able to deep strike 25 models 9+" away.

So is the hellwright going to be the Drahykavac character? It seems the only one to have the Abeyant to ride around on.

Presumably with conversion in mind

I though the model also came with an alternate head, for a generic rider.

So does this mean that Renegades & Heretics are officially retcon'ed out of all existence now?

What about our Traitor Guard/full-sized Chaos Cults? :(

Not at all, they're just in the book with all the other guard units that comes out at the end of the month.

I would give a lot for some leaks of whether they made the Daemon Lords good and playable for the first time ever! For once I have high hopes now that they moved away from the super heavy system. Just give the Daemon lords a fair price (NOT goofy alignment point costs), good stats, and some cool abilities.

I don't really follow GW/FW on Aerial Chaos.

Helldrake is now a flying monstruous creatures, aiming at charging across the tabletop (wich is good). BUT they remove hellblade from FW to give a proper aicraft for chaos (and for all of our brother who dont wanna a flying chicken). BUT they add the Chaos Xyphon whiles they try to differenciate Loyal and Chaotic SM BUT Hell talon is still here with a new bundle of 3 Hell talon on FW.

I'm confuse, and if they add to remove one of chaos aircraft, while did they choose Hell talon to remain over Hell blade ?

Btw the Venator isn't new, chaos space marine could already take it in V7.

So does this mean that Renegades & Heretics are officially retcon'ed out of all existence now?

What about our Traitor Guard/full-sized Chaos Cults? sad.png

The little sad thing is, i believed Chaos would be as Genestealer cult : You can take an Astra militarum detachment for each chaos detachment you have, to represent the corrupted guard (as Genestealer cult can do). But seems it's not on the menu.

I don't really follow GW/FW on Aerial Chaos.

Helldrake is now a flying monstruous creatures, aiming at charging across the tabletop (wich is good). BUT they remove hellblade from FW to give a proper aicraft for chaos (and for all of our brother who dont wanna a flying chicken). BUT they add the Chaos Xyphon whiles they try to differenciate Loyal and Chaotic SM BUT Hell talon is still here with a new bundle of 3 Hell talon on FW. 

I'm confuse, and if they add to remove one of chaos aircraft, while did they choose Hell talon to remain over Hell blade ? 

Btw the Venator isn't new, chaos space marine could already take it in V7. 

What about our Traitor Guard/full-sized Chaos Cults? :(

The little sad thing is, i believed Chaos would be as Genestealer cult : You can take an Astra militarum detachment for each chaos detachment you have, to represent the corrupted guard (as Genestealer cult can do). But seems it's not on the menu.

Cool your jets, brobros.

Read the unit entries again. Hell Blades and Hell Talons are both there.

Renegades are in the FW Astra Militarum book coming soon.

60040187059_ImperialArmourAstraMilitarum

60040187059_ImperialArmourAstraMilitarum

I foresee some awesome times ahead.

Archived