8th ed Ravenwing

Kewl Imp

So sharing like a lot of other people. I played a couple of games over the weekend. I only played two games because I had other priorities. Both were 1500 point games and my list was the same for both games. All of us were getting used to the rules so we made mistakes at several points. I ran three Outriders.

Sammael

Libby on Bike

Interrogator Chaplain on Bike

Black Knights x 2

Ravenwing bike squad x 2

Ancient

Champion

Dark Shroud

Dark Talon

First game began with some good exchanges back but three contemptor dreads and a Libby Dread just took its toll over time and I lost the game in turn 5. In that game, focused fire did a lot of work on the dreads until a few lucky shots brought down a couple of my units and just left me open. He had Sammy tied up in melee starting turn 3. However, the Interrogator Chaplain demolished each dread I was able to get into contact with. The Libby Dread was able to separate a couple of units of bikes and tear into them.

The second game was a game against warlocks on jet bikes list. He had a total of 14 models including an avatar of Khaine.  For the first time in quite some time I had the advantage of numbers. Again the Chaplain worked over the avatar like he was some neophyte and in a single round of combat killed him off. Go rerollable to hits. Sammy's bubble helped as well. Just a lot of focused shots until close combat and grind the space elves to dust.

My games were both fun and much faster. No needed to refer to lots of USRs made the game quicker and more fluid since all the rules are on the datasheets. I enjoyed playing both games regardless of the outcome. As far as units, our Interrogator Chaplains are going to be powerful in my opinion. Dark Talons are going to be a must for most lists with that powerful rift cannon and stasis bombing run(forget the exact rule name). Dark shrouds seem to have the same effect and that is wonderful and they might stay on the field longer now.

Good day and joy be to you all.

No, I haven't. When i modeled my Interrogator Chaplain on Bike, it was done with a power mace to represent the mace of redemption. So we played it as a Cruzium. Still he earned his points and then some. The first game it took mortal wounds to bring him down.

Have you ran the bike Chappy with a Power Fist?

I was thinking about modeling mine up with one but was not sure if it would be overkill and a waste of points.

It would look awesome though.

Tried my infantry version and its defiantly not overkill your getting zealot every turn and the way 8th works you need to kill as much as possible in the assault as the enemy can burn 2 command points to auto pass morale and fall back. Also Vehicles have around 8-12 wounds and are generally T7 so S8 wounds on 3's with a possible D3 damage and there also not locked in combat so watch how you pile in.

Have you ran the bike Chappy with a Power Fist?

I was thinking about modeling mine up with one but was not sure if it would be overkill and a waste of points.

It would look awesome though.

Tried my infantry version and its defiantly not overkill your getting zealot every turn and the way 8th works you need to kill as much as possible in the assault as the enemy can burn 2 command points to auto pass morale and fall back. Also Vehicles have around 8-12 wounds and are generally T7 so S8 wounds on 3's with a possible D3 damage and there also not locked in combat so watch how you pile in.

What isn't locked in combat? Vehicles are "locked" in combat, unless they have a rule specifying that they are not. This means that the average vehicle must fall back to disengage, and thus, forfeit advancing, shooting, charging, etc. Of course, some vehicles, like Knights, can ignore this and never need to fall back. Others have fly, which lets them fall back and still shoot.

Regarding Interrogator-Chaplains (and characters, in general), am I the only one that now has the urge to put a combi-weapon on every possible character? Especially those on bikes, an IC on bike with combi-plasma gets 6 bolter shots and 2 plasma gun shots per turn at rapid-fire range! Granted, if he shoots it all, he gets 2 of the bolter shots and the plasma gun at 4+, but still worth it. A techmarine on bike is even better thanks to his BS 2+. If you want to get really crazy, you can put a servo-harness or conversion beamer on him for even more firepower (servo-harness would be 3 plasma, 6 bolter, and D6 flamer within 8", he's basically a one man tactical combat squad, of course, he costs more).

Archived