Smite spam viable?

I've been doing some theory-hammering to figure out how the tournament meta could possibly pan out.  Mortal wounds seem pretty powerful so I can see spamming sources of Smite casting.  The Primaris Psyker seems pretty good, cheap, and, if near a commissar, fairly safe from killing your own army on perils.  Snipers will of course be a concern but those become priority targets for the shooty units.

I am assuming three sources, ITC format, and geared for competitive play.  Do you think this has merit or potential?

Supreme Command Detachment (+1CP)

5 Primaris Psykers, Force Stave 

1 Knight Crusader, rapid fire battle cannon, avenger gatling cannon, heavy stubber

Supreme Command Detachment (+1CP)

5 Primaris Psykers

Battalion Detachment (+3 CP)

Company Commander

3 Commissars

50 Conscripts

50 Conscripts

50 Conscripts

Basilisk

Basilisk

Manticore

So, if I have done my math correctly (bold assumption!), this comes out to about 1808 points.  I'd probably need to add a couple more commissars as I'm sure they'll be getting sniped at quite a bit.

Again, this is for cheesy, competitive play and not pick up or casual play.  I appreciate the additional eyes on the math or legality of the list.  I am still very uneasy about list building in 8th.

I think the viability of this list is going to depend very much on what opponent you face. Smite only targets the nearest opponent, so any army with disposable troops who can afford to not care that you've just killed a couple of them will simply put those in front of their horrifying units. So against Guard, Nids, Orks, Daemons, etc, you're done for. Now against armies that don't have bodies to spare, and count on making good saves, this list could be quite powerful. An Imperial knight list would last all of 10 seconds against this. I couldn't call this list competitive, but it looks kinda fun.

Archived