Maulerfiends lasher tendrils question

I am sure it can be argued both ways, but the way I see it, it says replace both magna cutters with lashes tendrils. It doesn't say both cutters with 2 lashes tendrils so I would guess that they are a set and you just get d6 extra attacks.

My reading is that you replace both magma cutters for 'lasher tendrils'.  You don't have one, you don't have two, you have 'lasher tendrils', and having lasher tendrils does what the wargear says it does.  If there were any added benefits for having a 'pair of' lasher tendrils, then the lasher tendrils themselves would say so, the way the daemon prince claws say so, or the way lightning claws say so.

In had this exact question. Poor wording, especially since you used to replace for two pairs. Frontline gaming told me they think it is just one set, sadly.

In had this exact question. Poor wording, especially since you used to replace for two pairs. Frontline gaming told me they think it is just one set, sadly.

One set drops the cost down so I can live with that.

But seeing as how it affects the points cost we really need to be sure if we need to pay 12 or 24!

Yes I missed all that before. I assumed it had 2 sets for two cutters. 

That's good news. But I think I will model my second one with the cutters. 

Just noted the Infernal Regeneration rule! Turn one we go first and all our daemon engines get an extra wound! sweet!

Archived