Imperial Guard Super Heavies in 8th

Yes, I agree with you, and one problem that comes to mind is finding someone to play with, for me it is not just about myself having fun but also my opponent.

However I really like the idea of gambling, I like the idea of 100% success or 100% failure:)

Just the idea of ordering 3 of those big super tanks, waiting for them to be delivered and then the excitement of finally openning the package he he he he he he

And then building and painting them, just perfect hobby time.

What combination should it be to be most competitive ?

Can't you cover almost all the Guard Baneblade chassis with the plastic kit? You shouldn't need FW at least to start with :) With the power of magnets you can also have your cake and eat it then ;) A Baneblade would be good for a general purpose tank, but I'm not sure about the others maybe a Shadowsword as one to slap about opposing vehicles and the like?

2 Machariuses (probably vulcans to be honest) and a gorgon, filled with angry kriegsmen!! Boom, will look glorious and you can bring infantry with you!! Also those 3 add up to about 1100pts so you gives you 400-900 points to play with depending on game size. Which for guard is quite serviceable! 

I'd love to have a couple of Macharius tanks. A couple of Mac Vanqs and/or Mac Vulcans would be sweet.

Also, I'm really happy that the Malcador chassis is now a Heavy Support choice rather than a Lord of War, seeing as it was a pretty weak "superheavy". A couple of Macharius Vanquishers flanking a baneblade (or variant) would be pretty cool. 

I used the Stormhammer in an apocalypse game a few days ago, it did pretty well since nothing shot at it the entire game. BS 4+ Lascannons are swingy but good, the cannons even moreso due to random number of shots. I'm happy overall. With the support vehicle buffing it's shooting (or any other variant) I expect it to kick serious ass. As a loyalist tank in chaos skin, of course. :D

• 3 months later...

Its funny. When this thread first come out was like "get a shadowsword they're pretty good".

Then dex came out and made em cheaper, way better gun and awesome strategums to support it.

No kidding.  "Oh, you're using Morty and Magnus?  Hold on, let me get my 2 Shadowsword list."