Plague marines colour schemes.

I know what you meant, I just found it funny :wink:

By the way, and excuse me if I'm kinda hijacking this thread, but I have a question. What paints would you guys use to achieve this colour scheme? Specially the dirty greyish white and the golden metal. I'm thinking about painting the new Death Guard models this way, and I have my ideas as to how, but I'd like to hear what other people think.

http://puu.sh/wlIwJ/232efc2e91.jpg

Edited by DeadFingers

No worries about the hijacking. I'd say ulthuan grey over a grey base coat, then maybe some washes and pure white highlight? Or perhabs pallid wych flesh, it's kind of hard to tell on with the artwork.

I know what you meant, I just found it funny :wink:

By the way, and excuse me if I'm kinda hijacking this thread, but I have a question. What paints would you guys use to achieve this colour scheme? Specially the dirty greyish white and the golden metal. I'm thinking about painting the new Death Guard models this way, and I have my ideas as to how, but I'd like to hear what other people think.

The Horus Heresy painting guide Duncan did for 30k Death Guard should get you the white..

If you're loo

The Horus Heresy painting guide Duncan did for 30k Death Guard should get you the white..

I have watched that one (wasn't Duncan btw), but the end result is more of a creamy bone grey, rather than the dirty silvery grey I'm going for.

If you're looking for "dirty silvery" maybe take some cues from how this guy did his Space Wolves. I know how I would do it with an airbrush... I would shoot a mix of leadbelcher/agrax earthshade/glaze medium over ulthuan grey. I believe the individual did not use an airbrush on that site so there should be more cross over for you if you are also not using one. 

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2016/05/vlka-fenryka-deciding-on-colour-scheme.html

Edited by prey_fall2_the_grey