Flesh tearers storm shield and banner

kansuke

Those designs look excellent.

Only thing I would say is eagles and laurels are more at home on Ultrasmurfs but less so on Flesh Tearers; that's just my opinion of course.

Reason being is that Blood Angels and their successors are more based around the renaissance whereas ultrasmurfs are greco-roman.

Also, I love the fluff about the tearers being much darker and I think if you could pull that theme into your designs that would be awesome.

Cheers

LM

Thank You All

@Ovidius

yess one of the eagle heads must be blind but I will do this later cause wen i Print it, i will flip it several times. If I do it now  I will do it wrong for sure!

@Lamenter

Eagle is imperial symbol so I think I'ts Allways ok. However I will try A version without laurels.

I think the second set of designs is about right, a saw + just the laurel would look cool too.

The FTs always seem quite austere in terms of ornamentation and low on aquilas, so I think  the first designs would be a bit much.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ashenwite: tankyou very much

@Lamentermarine: yes I'm doyng this at home. There is plenty of tutorial abot this tecnique.

It's usually used to make pcb board.

There are several method to make an etched brass or metal.

The best is photoetching but i use the simpliest toner trasfer method.

To make a long story short I print (with a laser printer) the master over a sheet of press'n peel paper and then transfer it over a sheet of metal whit a hot iron.

It's possible to find all you need in elettronics components store.

I dont know if it permitted to post external link in this forum!

I use not very thin shet of metal (I tink 1/2 or 1/3 of millimeter) and I use the etched sheet as a mold (or to make a mold) so I use a dremel to cut it.

I think it's possible to use a thinner sheet that will be easyer to cut.

If you go for a true double layer Photoetching there is no need of cut, the etch cut the sheet.

tutorial:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Etching-PCBs-with-PressnPeel/

I also use an acquarium heater and bubbles generator in a vertical tank to speed the etching

Edited by kansuke

There are some problem using the etched brass as a press mould.

Now i'm using a mix of green stuff and magic sculpt (30-70%).

I mix the putty wait 15 minutes press a foil (whit a little of vaseline) of putti on the etched brass and wait again 30 minutes!

The details are not ok.

Some Advaices?