Modifiers for D6 Hit weapons

Indefragable

Flamers et al have D6 "shots". Mathhammer-wise that means "3" because of the law of averages or so people that can actually do math tell me. But realistically, that means that you roll a 1 or a 6 when facing down a horde of hungry bugs.

is there any way to re-roll or modify the dice for how many hits you get in a D6-hits type weapon?

As far as I know there's no reroll for damage after wounding unless the weapon has a special rule for that (or like the Melta, rolling twice and using the higher number when in half range).

Also, I modelled D6 as 3.5 being the mid point for a long-term 'average'. 3 would be statistically below average (while 4 would be above). Obviously 3.5 isn't possible, but numbers-wise I feel it's better than 3 or 4.

You could use a Command Point reroll I think? I suppose if you have a unit of Flamers, it's less likely that a single bad roll will matter as much (although of course you'll roll 1,1,1,2 just when you don't need it :)). But if you only have one or two dice worth of shots, it might be useful.