Sun Reaver's Knights of the Chalice WIP

Sun Reaver

Hey everyone. I wanted to share my progress on my newest endeavor: the Knights of the Chalice! I've been waiting for a new successor chapter and have finally been rewarded for my patience. They are a Primaris only successor chapter recently created during the Ultima Founding. 

35266736341_f449fd0e49_o.jpg

35266737971_a2d8874410_o.jpg

34586603623_ee8ac26b78_o.jpg

Thus far, it's very WIP. Still needs edge highlighting but I am happy with the armor for now, especially since this was the first time I have ever used an airbrush.

Would love some feedback! I should have them done by the end of the week! *finger crossed* 

For Sanguinius! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. As you can tell, I am way behind schedule. 

On the bright side, there is progress! 

35177718420_84e500874b_k.jpg

I am NOT happy with the skin, lens, and hair at the moment. I rushed them and I am definitely seeing why I shouldn't do that for the rest of them.  Any suggestions? I just can't seem to get the skin blend smooth enough. 

Also, how do you guys feel about the battle damage? A bit much? I tried the method in which you use plastic foam to "dab" model. I think I was a bit over zealous :sweat:

EDIT: Spelling, of course. 

Edited by Sun Reaver

Great work so far, lot of skill going into that.

He looks pretty worn! That left leg looks great, but the right arm is a bit more than I like, personally. 

Don't forget to add insignia and chapter badges before the weathering, otherwise it will look strange. 

Is there a wash or glaze for the skin? I'm a fan of a little leviathan purple beneath the eyes to make them jump out.