Fate of the Fifth Company?

I am looking back into 40k with the new edition and I am a bit behind on the lore.  I keep seeing references to the Fifth Company being destroyed or rendered ineffective, but I can't find anything specific about what happened.  I'm mostly curious because my models are painted in the 5th's livery and I have been tempted by the new Primaris models.  It might not make much sense for the new marine forces to be fighting along side a dead Company.

Thanks in advance for any references.

Bear in mind Angel's Blade is in the last gasps of 7th edition fluff. 8th edition has moved the clock forward for the Blood Angels in addition to the rest.

At start of 8th, hive fleet Leviathan arrived at Baal, Blood angels and all successors that answered the call were whittled down to a few hundred marines. They were saved by several Deus Ex Machinas, including Guilliman riding to the rescue and dropping off a bunch of nu-marines.

Long story short, the whole chapter is down to remnants and Primaris in the rulebook fluff. Future codex may obviously tell us more.

That little bit of fluff is just a general "what's happening in the universe today" thing and will 100% be fleshed out, at least beginning with the Devastation of Baal book slated for release by Black Library.

Angel's Blade, though I should say also Traitor's Hate, details how the 5th Company fell prey to a trap from Chaos as they arrived in-system at Diamor. I won't say any more to avoid spoilers but it is the most current specific information on the 5th Company we have.

Edited by NTaW

That little bit of fluff is just a general "what's happening in the universe today" thing and will 100% be fleshed out, at least beginning with the Devastation of Baal book slated for release by Black Library.

Angel's Blade, though I should say also Traitor's Hate, details how the 5th Company fell prey to a trap from Chaos as they arrived in-system at Diamor. I won't say any more to avoid spoilers but it is the most current specific information on the 5th Company we have.

I may try to get Angel's Blade second-hand at some point, but I found some review articles that gave me enough information to get a feel for what's happened.  Thanks for the tip!