Malleus question

I finished Malleus by Dan Abnett last night, and towards the end when Eisenhorn is convincing the other Inquisitors to help him take down Quixos, there's a part where Inshabel says he got some information from a data library, and that how he did is a 'damn good story'. Eisenhorn narrates that 'it was a damn good story, and I enjoyed it when he told it to me later. I urge you to access it.'

Is the story actually accessible to us, as a short story or something? Or is that just flavour?

This is the story about the inquisition band which went missing on Maginor? I don't recall Dan doing a anything on it so it's probably just flavour. I don't think other authors have written about Dan's inquisitor characters.

I think its more of the flavour of Abnett's writing - his characters always inhabit a bigger world than his stories can contain, which always adds to their credibility and verisimilitude. We don't know that story, but the people in-story can do.

But on other authors using abnett's characters, in a non-spoiler way, read the Emperor's Gift by Aaron Dempskin-Bowden after you finish the Ravenor books.

Been awhile since I read the Eisenhorn/Ravenor trilogies. But one in-story reference that does come to mind that you can later read about is when Eisenhorn is on a transport and speaks about the adventures he heard from a Princeps. That story can be read about in "Titanicus" which was written by Dan Abnett. And by god do I highly suggest reading that masterpiece.

Been awhile since I read the Eisenhorn/Ravenor trilogies. But one in-story reference that does come to mind that you can later read about is when Eisenhorn is on a transport and speaks about the adventures he heard from a Princeps. That story can be read about in "Titanicus" which was written by Dan Abnett. And by god do I highly suggest reading that masterpiece.

But Eisenhorn and Ravenor are all set hundreds of years before Titanicus, which is during the Sabbat Worlds Crusade, so that doesn't make sense. Also Eisenhorn predates Titanicus by four years i think. I always took it to either be more world building, or a reference to his first titan work, his warlord titan comic of about 2000?

That's interesting, do you have a link?

Sorry brother I don't. Pretty sure it was a response to one of the many questions he has answered on one of the video pod casts he did some years back.

Then again I could have dreamt it or just believed what it says on Wikipedia about inconsistencies in the abnettverse

I finished Malleus by Dan Abnett last night, and towards the end when Eisenhorn is convincing the other Inquisitors to help him take down Quixos, there's a part where Inshabel says he got some information from a data library, and that how he did is a 'damn good story'. Eisenhorn narrates that 'it was a damn good story, and I enjoyed it when he told it to me later. I urge you to access it.'

Is the story actually accessible to us, as a short story or something? Or is that just flavour?

The story doesn't exist...yet.

Dan has spoken in the past of planning further stories with the characters from the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies, so there is a fair chance we'll see that story one day.

Indeed - Titanicus is one of the Abnett's best novels. It is burning with life of the God Machines and is a true oda to the Titans. On the other hand - it's ending rushed and cropped rushly as is always a fault with Abnett.

And the story indeed does not exist.

As for what DukeLeto69said  - 'It was Hekate and it was a mistake... Abnett has said as much.' He told that omn twitter years ago, and after that on events and comic-cons then everyone asked him. Then you create a multiverse - some errors are ready to popup. No level of editing that would fix that.