Arven Kar's 27th Host of the Word Bearers

Hey everyone,

I'm going to share my (slow!) progress on my Word Bearers/Daemons armies in this thread! Comments and Critique are more than welcome, as I am looking to improve my painting skills and produce the best looking models I can.

I know it's a WIP thread, but I'll start off with the first model I managed to "complete" so I can get some feedback before finishing out the couple dozen other marines waiting in the wings to bring death to the False Emperor.

Word Bearer Coterie Warrior Front

Word Bearer Coterie Warrior Back

This guy is the first member of my first Word Bearers coterie. I'm pretty pleased with the dark red I've achieved, and especially happy with the results Micro Sol/Micro Set gave the Legion symbol decal.

In particular, I am looking for feedback on freehand present on the model (more? less? Is he "Word Bearer-y" enough?) and basing choice. I worry the base is too dark, but I wanted a brown/dusty/wasteland kind of tone to go with the bleak background of this army.

I would like to add some blood effects as well, but I'm fairly terrified of overdoing it and not being able to go back.

Thanks for checking things out. Plenty more updates soon!

Helbrute Conversion WIP

WIP of my Helbrute I'm converting. Still new to greenstuff sculpting and not 100% happy with the large tentacle, but I think it's grisly enough and got enough parchment to be Word Bearer-y.

I need to patch the large tentacle where it's white (superglue joint) but I think I need to wait for the current epoxy to set before I screw with it too much

WIP of my Khorne Daemon allies to bring forth from the warp! Mostly basing and some bloody details on the banners left for these guys. I need to figure out how to take better photos: the colors are very washed out. In person, the boils are a brighter orangey-red and stand out well against the rest of the skin.

Khorne Daemons WIP 2

Khorne Daemons WIP 1

Khorne Daemons WIP 3