Diu-ad-belli Start of a New Plague

Sad only one Like :cry:  Oh well. The Plague Champion is almost done still have a little ways to go thought I would put a couple more pics up just to keep me going. Still have to work on all the metal, black and more on the back of his cloak. And finish of the trim of the base

PlagueChamp02

PlagueChamp03

Not really happy with how the skull turned out on the back but I just cant get it right and I feel like I'm doing more harm then good. So I'm going to back away from it for now. Started another marine will post a picture once he is a little bit more fleshed out 

Update time Still moving slow with painting. Going to try and batch paint but I have never been that successive at it. Always get bored of the repetitiveness of painting that way. So here is the next wip marine as always still work to be done on him.

DeathGuardBolter02

DeathGuardBolter01

I'm really enjoying painting these guys. I even have a glimmer of hope that I will complete a army. Can't wait till all of Pappa Nurgle's suff comes rolling out 

Thanks guys

That's an unusual colour scheme, what paint are you using for the main dark grey?

I tried to copy Andrew Kings army out of White Dwarf. I paint over a black undercoat

Base: Dark Reaper

Over brush : Thunderhawk-Blue

Shade: Agrax-Earthshade

Reapply: Thunderhawk-Blue

Highlight: Russ Grey

I still haven't applied it yet but I will be doing an extreme Highlight of Fenrisian Grey

• 7 months later...

Well I am really bad at keeping this type of thing up to date it would seam. Though looking at when I started it and looking at what I have painted it shames me to say I still don't have a army painted :whistling: 

I did start another post over in the Death Guard section but came back to this one just so I can have more of a viewing and maybe more comments on what people think.

so sorry but I'm going to post a few pictures all at once and make my best attempt at keeping it up to date better then 9 months. Going to shoot for 4.5 months and see how I do :wink: 

PlagueChampPlasma

DGChamp1.2

This will be my Plague Champion for my first Squad (have a picture of squad but its to big to upload so I will have to upload once I get that sorted out.

BLChamp1.4

BLChamp1.3

BlightLord1.3

BlightLord1.2

BlightLord1.1

BlightLord2.1

BlightLord2.2

BLGroup1.1

The Slow process of my Blightlords. They still need things done to them here and there but one day they will be finished (Along with the other two)

PoxWalker04

Pox Walker 06

Pox Walker 05

PoxWalker03

Pox Walker 07

And my Poxwalkers from the Call of Chaos event. Still don't have bases done for them. Not looking forward doing 20 of the darn things :wallbash: 

Hope you like what you see CC are welcomed and appreciated 

On a side note how do you change the Topic name?

These are looking amazing ... The only thing i could suggest is making the images larger, then we can see all that great detail. 

To do this via the gallery, click on the image you want => options =. View all sizes, select large. copy and paste the image link inbetween the img brackets  :-) 

These are looking very nice indeed!  I love the blue armour and the flesh tone you've chosen, the contrast is excellent.  The painting quality is really good too, they are very neat and tidy :D  I also love your limited palette, it definitely adds to the models overall.

My on CC would be to try some weathering or damaging on them.  The armour is very clean and looks like they've just had a fresh coat of paint applied right before battle.  Even some sludgy brown/black marks around the modelled damage, some weathering pigments, or some sponged on chips.   And maybe a bit of rust or degradation on the metals?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to all that have commented on my stuff to date I appreciate it. As I said above I’m bad at this and need to work on keeping up with my project. I have got more work done on my Plague Marines Squad just haven’t taken any pictures yet. Still not done them though

Chazzmos: Thanks for the comments I will try weathering at a later date as I find I’m spending to much time on these guys and I would like

to play a game with them before I hit old age but I was thinking of trying out the watered down brown weathering that you

see on the GW tip of the day videos. I will admit I’m a little scared of it because I have seen some over done weathering that

makes a great model go down hill if you know what I mean.

Draakur: Thanks I would love to say it was all my idea but Andrew King from A Tale of Four Warlords in White Dwarf has to take credit

for it. Though I have tried a Thunder Hawk blue scheme a couple of times before love the color

Ada: Thanks