Picture Hosting-site alternatives to Photobucket

I didn't notice anyone mention Blogger. I use it and have loads of pictures on it. You don't even need to "blog", just post pictures there and link them.  
It's super easy to use. I'm on several forums so it's my go to for pictures/links. 

I was cursing whilst looking through a few threads earlier then realised what was happening. I've lost all mine now. Problem is a lot of my images were posted to photo bucket from my old laptop that went missing in action so I wont be able to retrieve them for the B&C.

Do any of you Iron Hands or tech savvy frater know if there would be a way to save the images on my photobucket account to my new computer. Then I could post them using the B&C gallery please?

Can you imbed pictures from the BoC gallery? If so how? Is there a tutorial or anything on it?

Krash

Do you mean posting a picture to a thread from our native B&C galleries? These threads may help:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321601-step-by-step-creating-a-gallery-uploading-pictures/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321602-adding-pictures-to-posts/ 

(The second tutorial is not the way I do it, personally, but it works just as well either way.)

If you need further assistance I recommend you PM a Mod, such as myself, or an Admin, such as WarriorFish (seeing as he's the residing forum tech-priest). 

Flickr, Google isn't actually to bad either TBH!

It has the distinct disadvantage though that you have to whitelist all the google-related javascript and tracker cookie garbage in order to make it function properly.

Been using imgur for a while now and I see no reason to switch - album & gallery functionality, batch uploads, or you can just upload without even logging in, and I've never yet had the images mysteriously vanish.

I'm one of the utter mugs whose been paying for Photobucket for a few years now after getting a lot of the 'bandwidth' limit reached. I had no idea about this and haven't received any emails from them. It wasn't until Insane Psycho let me know. Raging doesn't even begin to cover it, I have over 70 pages on my World Eater log alone. I may have to just start a fresh as I can't see myself going through and sorting all the links to the images.

I know it's a bit of a dirty word on here, but Dakka have a great gallery. All pictures are zoomable if you wish to interrogate the level of detail you perceive on a model.

Not sure why Dakka is a dirty word, but we don't allow hot linking from other sites such as Dakka as it uses up their Bandwidth. That isn't fair and I'm certain that we wouldn't like the same treatment either. Leaving a link is okay (as far as I know), but using a site like Dakka to actually show pictures definitely isn't. The B+C respects other sites and do not want something like that to happen.

I know it's a bit of a dirty word on here, but Dakka have a great gallery. All pictures are zoomable if you wish to interrogate the level of detail you perceive on a model.

Not sure why Dakka is a dirty word, but we don't allow hot linking from other sites such as Dakka as it uses up their Bandwidth. That isn't fair and I'm certain that we wouldn't like the same treatment either. Leaving a link is okay (as far as I know), but using a site like Dakka to actually show pictures definitely isn't. The B+C respects other sites and do not want something like that to happen.

To be accurate, if a poster owns said picture they can hotlink from wherever. It is when (as an example) someone posts a news item and hotlinks from someone else's blog, forum, etc that we frown on that.

Our users could easily crush a small sites bandwidth.

Is there any possibility of a phone app that will let me upload photos directly from my phone to my B&C gallery?

We will be moving to 4.x of the software in September. I've not looked to see if the mobile skin has improved functionality.

I signed up to imgur.

Sweet Emperor, do people jump down your throat! I had one guy tell me I can't put a jump pack on terminator armour, in reference to my Inceptor Captain. My Lord. Didn't even ask what it was.

At least people left you alone on photobucket.

I just got my email from Photobucket this morning - a bit of a blow to be honest.

I need to start looking at the alternatives. I was using it primarily because it was easy to do events when I just had my iPhone. Take a pic, upload through the app, get the forum friendly link and copy it, paste into webpage. Really simple, and meant I could keep my web browser on a thread reply whilst browsing through the pics and getting forum friendly links.

I should be able to get something sorted by the FW Open Day

I signed up to imgur.

Sweet Emperor, do people jump down your throat! I had one guy tell me I can't put a jump pack on terminator armour, in reference to my Inceptor Captain. My Lord. Didn't even ask what it was.

Make sure you're not sharing an image with the public so you never need to interact with the community at all in the public galleries. 

I signed up to imgur.

Make sure you're not sharing an image with the public so you never need to interact with the community at all in the public galleries.

That'll be my mistake then!! Cheers for the heads up

Flickr, Google isn't actually to bad either TBH!

It has the distinct disadvantage though that you have to whitelist all the google-related javascript and tracker cookie garbage in order to make it function properly.

I agree, I had great difficulties in using Google to upload some photos to my plog yesterday. Imgur is definitely the way to go, in my opinion. 

What's funny is I found out today I've had an imgur account for my army from a few years back, awesome right? I forgot how much imgur want's you to turn on all scripts and tracking before they'll let you upload. I kept getting stuck on the first part of their captcha while uploading till I allowed googleanalytics, it then wanted me to allow facebook for some reason... I'm seriously about to just go buy some server space and be done with it.