2nd Company Raptors Primaris

Thanks for all the compliments.  I really enjoy painting green for some reason so expect quite a few more.  Im looking forward to the multipart Reiver kits.  While some might not like the figs I think with a darker paint scheme and some weathering they could look quite nice.  Also that new Libby looks great!  

Ive got a few more that im painting up right now and should have 5 done by the weekend... Maybe (the wife is out of town)

Nice work Duke. I painted up a couple test Raptors and I'm really into the green too. It looks dope on the Primaris minis. Only problem is Lias can only infiltrate regular marines! I'm going to test out my IF yellow on one first to *try* not to start a whole new army but... you know how these things usually go. Have you used the stuff from Chapter customizer before? Wondering about the quality of the shoulder pads. Or maybe I should just suck it up and start using transfers.

Guest uk_crow
if you don't mind me asking, please could you possibly share your paint scheme for these? The green is perfect!

Yea no problem.  I used death world forest as the base.  Then i do controlled washes of Athonian camoshade followed up by some agrax earth shade.  Once you get to this point clean everything up with Death world forest.  From this point you can do some edge highlights with Deathworld forest with a little straken green mixed in.  Follow up by a few more highlights built up from there,  Finally i use a little bit of sponge and dab on some dryad bark followed by some leadbelcher.  

Hope that helps.

Finished a couple more minus the transfers.  I went back and forth about adding some identifying features to the Raptors Sergeant and decided against it.  Putting a bullseye on and ranking officers seemed very out of character for the Raptors.

IMG 1091

IMG 1092

Thanks for looking.