2nd Company Raptors Primaris

For sure.  I got the best results laying down a gloss layer.  Applying the transfer using water.  Letting it dry then using some microsol to get out any creases etc.  Then i covered them in two layers of gloss.  Then I used some lahmian medium to get rid of the gloss finish. 

So do I wait for more releases to come out or should I pick up another squad?  I really want some multipart kits to come out sooner rather than later.  By the looks of things maybe by the end of the month.  

Im debating picking up the Captain model and working on that in the meantime. 

• 3 weeks later...

For sure.  I got the best results laying down a gloss layer.  Applying the transfer using water.  Letting it dry then using some microsol to get out any creases etc.  Then i covered them in two layers of gloss.  Then I used some lahmian medium to get rid of the gloss finish. 

Did you put a layer of gloss down before the decals? That really helps them lay down. Then gloss over again after application. Then a final of a matte medium. I also noticed the FW decals are thin, so take some careful handling and don't need much softening agent (Mico sol/solva set) to get the wrinkles/bubbles out.

@Rednekkboss I sure did.  The gloss first, apply decal than seal with gloss method works really well with thin decals.

@Bjorn Firewalker I doubt that im going to run a Chaplain but converting a Reiver into a jump chaplain would probably be pretty sweet.

My game plan as of now is to finish up these Reivers.  Then im going to pick up 2 dreadnoughts because painted up in Raptor colors is going to be beautiful.

Im still undecided if im going to go with the gattling cannon or the plasma.  I am going to be pretty light on anti tank so im leaning towards 2 with plasmas.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did finish a combat squad of hellblasters.  Ill post some pictures of them tonight.  Im still really debating getting a redemptor.

Your marines look great - it's always cool to see Astartes in realistic military colors and not...  ultramarines blue... lol!  I'd definitely like to see the redemptor in the olive drab scheme you've chosen.

-W