8e Assault Launchers - Work when charged?

smhf15

Do assault launchers on land raiders worked when it is charged with the new edition?

The rule says "Roll a d6 each time this model finishes a charge move within 6" of an enemy unit: on a 4+ that unit suffers d3 mortal wounds"

Does this mean that if they're charged by an enemy unit, since it is ending 'a' charge move, it does d3 mortal wounds in addition to overwatch?

Or does this only apply to when the land raider initiates a charge on a unit?  If this is the case, why not say 'its charge move' instead of 'a charge move'?

... each time this model ...

The rule references its possessor. Any other model is not 'this' model and thus would fail the trigger condition for the rest of the effect.

Ergo, yes, barring other more unusual interactions, it'll only happen when the 'Raider charges.

As to why use an indefinite article over a pronoun? I guess it saves two characters, but this isn't an avenue suitable for independent discussion in this particular corner of the B&C.

• 4 weeks later...

related question about the Assault Launcher. If the land raider multi charges, does it effect all units within 1"? Or just one? The wording to me is ambiguous. My interpretation would be since it doesn't say "one unit" then it affects them all.