The wait for deathguard continues....

Poxwalker

Not annoyed at all, consider me excited. It has been ages since GW actually annouched an real Legion related Codex that matches the design of the orginal legions. What annoyed me the last 15 years is that GW somehow decided that what Chaos players really wanted was some sort of Traitor Chapter that came out of nowhere...

Next week will be Nurgle's day, be sure to leave your sandwhich in the sun for him.

7-7-2017

Edited by Commissar K.

Considering how the current indexes barely work from some factions (including Death Guard)... later is better.
I am more than willing to wait for GW to get their house in order before we get stuck with weird, half-baked rules for the next year or two.  

Edited by Azekai

Just seems like so long since they leaked at adepicon

And here's me comming back from 5th (or so I thought), with the 2002 codex, compairing some of the mayor changes and still seeing the same Khorne Berzerkers and Noise Marines in that book. It's been 15 years for most of Chaos with a mark. If you can't be happy with that perhaps another game or a new start will breath some enthousiam back into you. I say that will all respect because it's exactly what I have done before.

Consider how the current indexes barely work from some factions (including Death Guard), I am more than willing to wait for GW to get their house in order before we get stuck with weird, half-baked rules for the next year or two.  

I don't know who's indexes barely work, could you inform me? I am really interested.

Somethng new will always be weird at first, as we don't know it and thus will judge it without emotion. 

To me the new edition is fantastic, it's finally willing to say, we won't put the restrictions on there from the start but will continue with that.

At this point I'm very much willing to bet that Codex Death Guard will not have a single datasheet with Keyword <Legion>  or Keyword <Mark of Chaos> because currently that is where it gets REALLY WEIRD in Index Chaos.

Also since when are mere meatshield/chaff Cultists part of a Legion? How on earth did that even happen? And if so when?

*I've been on crio stasis since 5th and only came back to ensure the destruction of Guilliman* :wink:

Edited by Commissar K.

I've been waiting for over a decade, a couple extra months are nothing in comparison. And at least now we have the Dark Imperium models to keep us busy, the two months of zero news between AdeptiCon and the new edition's announcement and then the daily info drip were far worse. Now the Death Guard's vanguard has arrived to prepare for Mortarion's arrival.

Posted · Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, July 29, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, July 29, 2017 - No reason given

What annoys me more is the constant smugness from Loyalist players who continuously cry that,  "Chaos has had the most releases of any army - you guys are just a bunch of crybabies!"

Acting as if the past 10+ years of badly re-hashed rules from even worse re-hashed junk,  & essentially buying the same book 4-5x over,  while our model line has rotted away from a 10-15 of outright neglect is something we should be grateful for... :P

As it's been this long for up-to-date kits,  (damn those 1kSons are amazing!),  I can put up with waiting another 1-2 years for our line to get overhauled.

I just *really* wish that a good portion of Loyalist players would stop being so damn ignorant & condescending about how their line has been re-done 2-3x over,  (and all in plastic now!),  while we're still stuck with ancient 1999-2006 kits that nowadays come with half or more of their details muddied by worn-out molds.

I won't be buying another CSM model now,  unless it's one of the bare handful of 2012 and later kits...  GW doesn't deserve money for how lazy & neglectful they've been with our model line.

Once proper new kits with ALL their basic options come though?  God damn is my bank account going to be crying!!lol.

It's not about ignorant Loyalheests in the end though... It's more that the moment GW decides to step away from their own previously created content the veteran base flips out again. 

Part of Chaos getting the shaft in 40K but not in AoS has directly to do with its sales. Obviously GW still has a Mattwardian prophecy to fufill with Ultra-ultra-space marines first and after that I hope we will see a new Chaos cat come in.

Thing is, designers are always somewhat biased and the moment GW only attracts those who have cool ideas for Space Marines (loyaleests) it just might be another 5 years before Khorne and Slaanesh get at least something.

My moral is don't abhor the new, you are an heretic. I personally like the new Death Guard because this way at least some new Chaos players will be entering our hobby. This fresh blood can eventually spell out a breath of life in Chaos if it's popular enough. In AoS the advantage is there for the Khorne fan that a few lads desigining AoS really like Khorne.

Edited by Commissar K.

At first the teasers were endearing but now I'm getting bored.

How many times do they have to go "WooOOOooo Morty's coming! OoooOOOooo!" before they just stick the Warhammer Community article out there? It's getting into fatigue territory now, especially with the multi-part Plague Marine box considering we've already seen about a third of the 'Eavy Metal builds. Dragging it out for months has turned me from "I'm so excited!" to "Oh just get on with it already." 

it just might be another 5 years before Khorne and Slaanesh get at least something.

I doubt it. Its barely been... what, seven months since Thousand Sons? The only thing I see delaying World Eaters/Emperor's Children is if they put out the inevitable CSM revamp between now and then. GW will want to get the Daemon Primarchs out of the way quickly so they can focus completely on the Primarine line/loyalist Primarchs. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

I'm with my fellow Marshal. I just want the models, and I'm irritated that they'd tease 3+ new kits for us and our Primarch on multiple occasions, before leaping into more Primaris junk, that has had no where near as much hype.

Considering how the current indexes barely work from some factions (including Death Guard)... later is better.
I am more than willing to wait for GW to get their house in order before we get stuck with weird, half-baked rules for the next year or two.  

I would bet my money that the DG codex is already complete, along with the Primaris. At this point, a wait isn't going to result in a better book. Not to mention the fact that one of the 'upsides' of 8th is that points cost and the like can be changed at whim, so a poor codex no longer means you are condemned to mediocrity for 4-5 years or more.

As for the other Cult Legions, I am banking on one per year. World Eaters next, Emperor's Children (because Slaanesh always have to get shafted, pun intended) after that.

I'm a bit annoyed I mean why bother building hype with Mortarion and deathguard teasers as the poster release of 8th only to sidetrack it with boring Primaris stuff but hey what can you do. Though one thing GW isn't getting any of my money until the new stuff drops as I see no point getting an army built as faction rules, traits etc may make a certain build completely useless (was annoying my deathguard army consisting of nothing but chosen and havocs getting deemed "not true Deathguard" with the index restrictions :( ) with the new units. Iv got a Leviathan and Deredero Dreadnought I'm busy converting to Nurgle so I'll go into gaming hibernation focusing on getting those sorted first before getting fully immersed into the new edition playing More games of 8th Edited by Plaguecaster

it just might be another 5 years before Khorne and Slaanesh get at least something.

I doubt it. Its barely been... what, seven months since Thousand Sons? The only thing I see delaying World Eaters/Emperor's Children is if they put out the inevitable CSM revamp between now and then. GW will want to get the Daemon Primarchs out of the way quickly so they can focus completely on the Primarine line/loyalist Primarchs. 

As always, feel free to doubt. So far there isn't any confirmation that GW will continue along any Chaos filled path. In regards of TS, one can say 7 months ago, another a year. both are right, there is no real hurry from GW. GW has confirmed a Chaos revamp, thing is, Codex Nurgle is that aswell. If they want to follow a fair path of giving each faction something we are in a disadvantage of technically only having 2 factions in Chaos from GW. Being Chaos Space Marines and Daemons of Chaos. Now when you look how much effort was put into that book you have a good reflection of how much effort they will put into it in the future. Which unfortunatly for us, isn't that much. 

I'm a bit annoyed I mean why bother building hype with Mortarion and deathguard teasers as the poster release of 8th only to sidetrack it with boring Primaris stuff but hey what can you do. Though one thing GW isn't getting any of my money until the new stuff drops as I see no point getting an army built as faction rules, traits etc may make a certain build completely useless (was annoying my deathguard army consisting of nothing but chosen and havocs getting deemed "not true Deathguard" with the index restrictions :sad.: ) with the new units. Iv got a Leviathan and Deredero Dreadnought I'm busy converting to Nurgle so I'll go into gaming hibernation focusing on getting those sorted first before getting fully immersed into the new edition playing More games of 8th

Hibernation is always an option, switching to another game is aswell. Gives great perspective when you come back! In honesty we know why Mortarion isn't hyped as much as Primaris and this all boils down to populairity again. 

This is offcourse also a self-fufilling prophecy, GW creates more for Space Marines is the same as GW creates more Space Marine players. One of the reasons as to why Tau is so popular has a lot to do with how GW has created new models for it in the last years.

By comparison Khorne is a very popular Alliance in AoS because there are a lot of new models made for it. Tzeentch is also quite popular but largely because of how competitively designed one of their units is.

The long wait is bad marketing. No point in discussing that. But let's be real...we will still buy all the models we want no matter whether they released them last week or next month. :biggrin.:

Yeah but waiting for a long time makes buying them go from "WOO I'M SO HYPED FOR THESE MODELS" turn into "about time these came out I've grown new grey hairs since they were teased".

I do agree with the double tease for Mortarion being too much, specially when we''ve seen a Dread, a tank, Reivers, and now a Librarian for the Primaris, which weren't even teased at all. Yeah, I get that they're the new and shiny poster boys, but they could've fully shown Morty at Warhammer Fest instead of another half-second shot of an angle that doesn't even show that much.

Hopefully, with Konor starting this month we'll hear more about "Nurgle's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" soon.

I'm hearing they'll be out as late as October :-/

Wasn't that from an "anonymous source" at Naftka that got dismantled the moment Dark Imperium was announced since it said we wouldn't see any Death Guard until then? 

Edited by DeadFingers

The long wait is bad marketing. No point in discussing that. But let's be real...we will still buy all the models we want no matter whether they released them last week or next month. :biggrin.:

Yeah but waiting for a long time makes buying them go from "WOO I'M SO HYPED FOR THESE MODELS" turn into "about time these came out I've grown new grey hairs since they were teased".

I do agree with the double tease for Mortarion being too much, specially when we''ve seen a Dread, a tank, Reivers, and now a Librarian for the Primaris, which weren't even teased at all. Yeah, I get that they're the new and shiny poster boys, but they could've fully shown Morty at Warhammer Fest instead of another half a second of an angle that doesn't even show that much.

Hopefully, with Konor starting this month we'll hear more about "Nurgle's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" soon.

Meanwhile Atia is hinting at an exclusive DG Tank...

Which won't matter much to GW since such feelings are usually long forgotten by the next time they are going to release something. :D

Wasn't that from that "anonymous source" at Naftka that got dismantled the moment Dark Imperium was announced since it said we wouldn't see any Death Guard until then? 

That's Ishagu's 'source' he's speaking about I"m guessing. Still waiting on robot hand Dorn and Guilliman sized Abaddon on that front, so I wouldn't hold my breath on reliability

My bet is September. Does anybody have the July White Dwarf yet? The hint for the next month could be a big giveaway

Abaddon will be a thing. All finecast characters will eventually be re-made in more appropriate scale.

As for Gun Hand Dorn, not robot hand, I did explain that I think my source may have jumped the gun upon seeing the artwork of GSIII :-(

Edited by Ishagu

Still waiting for stand alone DV-style chosen or the fabled Chaos Triumvirate, haha.

Those weren't my rumors lol.

Anyway, one of my friends is pretty bummed about the delay. His main army is DG.

We were pressing the guys at our local GW and they don't think the DG are getting a major release in July either. Hopefully this is wrong!

Love gw but don't see the sense in leaks when we have to wait months for releases so the wait counties dudes!!!! The models will be worth it iam sure bring on the big demon winged primarch....

Abaddon will be a thing. All finecast characters will eventually be re-made in more appropriate scale.

That's called a prediction (and an obvious one at that), not a rumour.

It's okay, I can see how a gun-hand Dorn could be easily confused with a plastic Deredeo/plastic Warhound titan/Sisters of Battle codex. :P