8th ed fortifications

Alright so I started assembling a bunch of fortifications for me to build an imperial fists army around and now the rules have changed. 2 questions,

1. Do the aegis lines have to have a gun now? The way I read it they do but battlescribe (not the spot for rules) says it's an option.

2. Can models stand on top of fortifications? I have an Aquila strongpoint that can now only have 1 unit plus characters inside, could I put a different unit on the roof and get a cover save?

Cheers everyone

Those are good questions. Forts are essentially creatures now. In the pictures and rules for the skyshield it's definitely implied you can be on top. But it's an awkward grey area. Can models go on top of each other this edition? What happens when the fort dies?

Those are good questions. Forts are essentially creatures now. In the pictures and rules for the skyshield it's definitely implied you can be on top. But it's an awkward grey area. Can models go on top of each other this edition? What happens when the fort dies?

Designers note also says it can be handy to put embarked units on top to remember who is inside...

I did miss the word "May" for the aegis haha

Designers note also says it can be handy to put embarked units on top to remember who is inside...

I did miss the word "May" for the aegis haha

The designers notes simply mean as a frame of reference for the embarked unit. That isn't giving any permission to place active units on top of the fortification.

However, the Skyshield directly mentions models being placed on top of it so I'd expect the same can be said for any fortification with space to fit models.

I'd imagine you follow the disembark rules if the fortification was destroyed