Chaplain Dreadnought?

Ishagu

Guys, Look into the Chaplain Dreadnought. He is a cool HQ, very powerful and contributes to the army as more than just a commander or melee beat-stick.

212 points for a WS2+ BS2+, 9 wound Dread with a 3+ 5++ and 6+ ignore wounds. This includes a Twin Lascannon, CC weapon and Storm Bolter. He's a character so can't be targeted unless he's the closest unit, and provides both great firepower and significant CC capabilities in your backfield. Alternatively, he supports advancing units by granting models in the same combat as him +1 to strength if you plan on moving up :-)

Edited by Ishagu

wait... +1 S from Chap-Dread, +1 S from Helbrecht, then +1 S if fighting against a Monstrous Creature or Character?

There can be a S9 Emperor's CHampion???

:drool::drool::drool:

Welp, I guess an EC could box with dreadnought characters or big nasties and have a decent chance of whooping them. Fantastic!

Unless you're dropping him from a Raven or Dread Pod, I'll take the extra hard hitting firepower as he advances.

The Flamer is great, and the Assault Cannon is a decent cheap option, but the Las Cannon has a place for sure.

Edited by Ishagu

Ooh, maybe my 'champion' ironclad dread can count-as? He has a shield to represent the invulnerable, and can easily stick an assault cannon arm on there when required... he would definitely be distinctive enough to have that inspiring presence! *begins scheming*