BA in 8th - what got buffed and what got nerfed?

LutherMax

Hi guys!

Please forgive me while I play catch up. I've been away from the hobby completely since just before 8th dropped, so I am somewhat behind with everything.

I started painting again today for the first time in weeks and also started to familiarise myself with the new rules and Index. What I'd like to get opinions on is which units have become awesome sauce for us in 8th and which have become 'meh'.

If there's an existing topic covering this specifically please let me know, it'll take me a while to catch up on all the discussions!

Thanks,

Luther

Edited by Jolemai

Hey LutherMax and welcome back!

I myself had skipped a few editions due to life. I'm finally back too.

Below is a link to the best threads for this in regards to Blood Angels.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334153-8th-ed-ba-tactica/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334982-post-release-roundtable-what-worked-what-didnt/

Edited by Aothaine

Death Co, Furioso, Land Speeders, Drop pod only minor nerfs.  I would strongly object to using "pimp" to refer to a positive change.  The sexual exploitation of women is never positive and the word "pimped" means to force someone to prostitute themselves.

But buffed units would have to include Razorbacks, vanilla dreds, and the over all balance in the list. 

Posted · Hidden by Jolemai, July 2, 2017 - Unnecessary
Hidden by Jolemai, July 2, 2017 - Unnecessary

Dude. Seriously. Save the social justicing for a place not dedicated to talking about simulating death, destruction and mayhem with plastic figures.

All great things.  Also not "pimped".  This is not social justice.  Just being a decent human.  Words matter.  Even on the internet.

What got good- the sanguinor, lemartes, Mephiston, corbulo,razorbacks, stormravens, sanguinary ancient, company veterans, vanguard veterans, deathcompany. Jump packs in general

What got ok'ish- almost everything available to us with the new balancing, a few notable things would be our dreads are over cost, same with angelus bolt Guns which make standard sanguinary guard slightly over costed,

What got ugly- the dakka Baal,

An overall feeling from me is that we are decent but not a top tier army at the moment and are over all in a much better spot than 7th edition.

Thanks for the info guys - I am only half way through Morty's thread so useful to have a summary as I'll be trying to write a list for my first game soon!

@ tychobi, the association you mention was totally not what I was going for (think more the TV show, 'Pimp My Ride' - that usage of the word). However I have edited the post title - I actually couldn't think of the correct term for 'opposite of nerfed' at the time!

Edited by LutherMax