Index: Imperium 1 FAQ

vahouth

All the FAQs are up. Here's ours

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/40K_8th_ed_Update_Index_Imperium_1_ver_1.0.pdf

EDIT:

Add the following before the final paragraph:
‘Models in Assault Squads that have the option for a
flamer may take a meltagun or plasma gun instead
(replacing their bolt pistol and chainsword).’

Is this what I think it is? Are meltaguns back in ASMs?

Edited by vahouth

Yay. Wonder if plasmaguns will see more use on them now that they can charge after shooting?

I think so. A plasma toting assault squad has been on my to do list for a while. This is more reason to go for it.

Nothing too surprising, although the Baal Predator got a little nerfed, as the Flamestorm was changed to Heavy from Assault. There was some speculation here that the flamer sponsons, which were designated as Heavy would be changed to Assault. No such luck, unfortunately.

But...they auto hit no?

Sorry, I was typing before reading.  I edited my prior comment but you were too fast.  The change only effected the twin heavy flamers that Razorbacks use.  The flamestorm is actually uneffected.  Now, this is perhaps odd, but not really any kind of "nerf" to Baal Preds.  It is a minor nerf to flamer-toting Razors.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Boudan

Nothing too surprising, although the Baal Predator got a little nerfed, as the Flamestorm was changed to Heavy from Assault. There was some speculation here that the flamer sponsons, which were designated as Heavy would be changed to Assault. No such luck, unfortunately.

But...they auto hit no?

Loses the ability to advance and fire.

Yeah the advance+shoot ability was the only reason to take the flamestorm over the AC.

No sir. The Flamestorm Cannon still has it's uses.

Nice! They clarified the Blood Chalice and Red Grail buffs to actually work with common sense. Sad. But good!

Flamestorm Cannon being heavy now is kinda meh. Also that is strange that they stated you add 6 to the move characteristic so you don't even have to roll anymore for it. I wonder if the same will be true for the Baal.

Also want to point everyone here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

A link to the entire FAQ.

Also of note. Models with two chainswords gain 2 bonus attacks. But they must make both attacks that grant bonus attacks with a chainsword.

I take this to mean that you can use the weapon special effects of each weapon you have.

Note: 

Chainsword: Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon.

So you don't get the bonus for every attack. But you can use two of your model's attacks with separate chainswords to gain +2 bonus attacks.

Edited by Aothaine

Also want to point everyone here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

A link to the entire FAQ.

Also of note. Models with two chainswords gain 2 bonus attacks. But they must make both attacks that grant bonus attacks with a chainsword.

I take this to mean that you can use the weapon special effects of each weapon you have.

Note: 

Chainsword: Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon.

So you don't get the bonus for every attack. But you can use two of your model's attacks with separate chainswords to gain +2 bonus attacks.

to me this still seems unclear.  if you only start with 1 attack are you still getting 2 extra for 2 swords? or does each sword off of its own attack generate a second attack?  If the rules just stack would a double power axe armed model get +2str and -2 ap?

The idea is that is a model has 2 attacks and 2 chainswords, attack 1 uses chainsword A to gain attack 1b and attack 2 uses chainsword B to gain attack 2b for a total of 4 attacks. Offer only good with 2 chainswords. A model with only 1 attack only gains 1 additional attack from a chainsword, regardless of how many chainswords that model might carry.